jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

What is truth.

1. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 4 years ago

Do we know anything?

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

I know a lot. Whether it is ultimately true or not does not matter to me. As far as I can tell most of it is true now.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think our experiences ultimately determine what we know. Only through experiential learning can we determine truth. IMO

3. 0
    Emily Sparksposted 4 years ago

Jesus said "I am the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life.  No man cometh unto the Father but by Me."

4. knolyourself profile image59

"I think our experiences ultimately determine what we know. Only through experiential learning can we determine truth." Always been my philosophy. The trick is to make the appropriate experience for the time.

The trick is to make the appropriate experience for the time.

Knol, this sounds like the agenda of a politician when talking about his targeted electorate!

I am aware that some experiences, I have willingly sought. Some happened by chance and others were the result of manipulated circumstances.  Give me the kind of experiences that happen by chance, anyday.

5. knolyourself profile image59

If you manipulate your experience, you just reinforce what ever it is that is already in mind. Might say there is a bit of a science to creating the kind of experience appropriate to one's level of understanding, but which is by chance.

Yes, but what if someone else has manipulated your experience? Would you still agree that "the experience" was synonymous with whatever you already had in mind?

6. knolyourself profile image59

"Yes, but what if someone else has manipulated your experience?" Usually this only happens if you are a paid agent working for someone. One of my techniques is called synchronicity, ask a question, go out into reality and an experience may happen. Sort of an open control.

7. knolyourself profile image59
  8. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 4 years ago

I wonder if we should accept karl popper's way of looking at things. Testing to destruction. Or should we look at Kuhn and the revolution in science or should we.................................... don't give a f....

9. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

This is difficult to answer.  However, I'd say it is probably indefinable.

10. tarajeyaram profile image60
    tarajeyaramposted 4 years ago

Truth is.... very difficult to answer.  But I think truth is God and always truth wins.  It may take years to prove or for the truth to surface. 
    Truth you may feel it in your heart.  I don't know... what is truth anyways?  Nice question to ponder.

working