jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Who wants to join in me in Mastering the English Language?

1. Cordelyn profile image61
    Cordelynposted 5 years ago

Is there anyone here who believes that to master English language is feasible? I, for one, believed. Whether you are considering or not the possibilty, let us talk about it.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course, it is feasible. I will be interested in learning about your activities in this area.

Cordelynposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm so glad to hear that from you. Thanks!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Do you mean for someone who is coming from a non-English language background?

Hi, WryLilt! No, not just those who uses English as a second language or as a foreign language , but even the native-English speakers as well. Will you believe me if I tell that there are also many native speakers of English who make a lot of errors when speaking?

1. recommend1 profile image72
        recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

As a teacher of English as a foreign language I am sure that it is possible but actually it is not necessary to be perfect.  Many native speakers have worse English than some of my better students and Chinese friends - it is just that we are used to their 'incorrect' speaking and writing.  This is supposed to be a writers site but the English level of many is not so good, and their powers of description are limited by it.

I find this particularly funny when some in this forum attack non-native speakers, and the moderators decide that a particular form of poor expression is not acceptable and taht other horribly poor expression is ok just because it sounds ok - to an uneducated ear maybe !

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll agree with you there. I admit I often have so many ideas tumbling out I don't speak with the best grammar. However I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi when I type/write!

3. ecosimon profile image61
    ecosimonposted 5 years ago

Mastering the English language certainly is the way to get ahead nowadays, its the worlds most popular language.

4. Cordelyn profile image61
    Cordelynposted 5 years ago

I agree with you, ecosimon. I had heard and were proven true by many successful people I know that the fast advancement of their career were only incidentally aided by their fluency in English.

By the way, please ignore the first 'in' in my title. I didn't notice I typed two. Anyway, it should be 'join me in ' and not  join in me in. Thanks.

working