jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why are Butterflies so beautiful?

1. Marla Rose profile image87
    Marla Roseposted 4 years ago

What makes butterflies the prettiest insects around?  Is it their delicate nature or their exotic colors?  Or perhaps something else...

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's there brilliant colors and they way the flow when they fly! Butterflies are breathtaking.

2. 0
      Rad Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In a word. Evolution.

3. Melissa A Smith profile image94
      Melissa A Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Butterflies are only the most beautiful if you are strongly affected by how society declares you should think.

4. ptosis profile image78
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

not exactly colors but like the hummingbird it's Iridescence appear to change color as the angle of view or the angle

2. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

Nicole Kidman doesn't think butterflies are beautiful, she has

3. 0
    klarawieckposted 4 years ago

I was terrified of butterflies when I was little. I had nightmares about them, and I used to dream that my walls were covered with butterfly drawings. As an adult I told myself that I'd get over the stupid phobia, and I planted a butterfly garden. I would come home from work and sit in my little garden to do breathing exercises and meditation until I learned to overcome my anxiety. I'm not afraid of butterfies anymore. In fact, I became a huge fan of Monarchs and could handle them and all.

1. jennzie profile image85
      jennzieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Me too! I remember while I was at a party I saw a butterfly and wanted to pick it up, but when I got close to it I saw that its body was all slimy and just gross looking.

Needless to say, it took me a while to like butterflies again. smile

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 4 years ago

The beauty of butterflies is further proof, as if more proof was needed, of intelligent design.  If there was no master creator, butterflies would be brown, hump-backed, and have gnarly teeth.