jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why are Butterflies so beautiful?

1. Marla Rose profile image88
    Marla Roseposted 5 years ago

What makes butterflies the prettiest insects around?  Is it their delicate nature or their exotic colors?  Or perhaps something else...

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's there brilliant colors and they way the flow when they fly! Butterflies are breathtaking.

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In a word. Evolution.

3. Melissa A Smith profile image93
      Melissa A Smithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Butterflies are only the most beautiful if you are strongly affected by how society declares you should think.

4. ptosis profile image79
      ptosisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

not exactly colors but like the hummingbird it's Iridescence appear to change color as the angle of view or the angle
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6667343.jpg

2. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

Nicole Kidman doesn't think butterflies are beautiful, she has
    Lepidopterophobe.

3. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I was terrified of butterflies when I was little. I had nightmares about them, and I used to dream that my walls were covered with butterfly drawings. As an adult I told myself that I'd get over the stupid phobia, and I planted a butterfly garden. I would come home from work and sit in my little garden to do breathing exercises and meditation until I learned to overcome my anxiety. I'm not afraid of butterfies anymore. In fact, I became a huge fan of Monarchs and could handle them and all.

1. jennzie profile image84
      jennzieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me too! I remember while I was at a party I saw a butterfly and wanted to pick it up, but when I got close to it I saw that its body was all slimy and just gross looking.

Needless to say, it took me a while to like butterflies again. smile

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

The beauty of butterflies is further proof, as if more proof was needed, of intelligent design.  If there was no master creator, butterflies would be brown, hump-backed, and have gnarly teeth.

working