Is it design?

1. 0
    jomineposted 4 years ago

Is the computer a design or random chance?
    I heard the computer was invented as a computation machine. Nobody back then even imagined the uses it might be put to. No one can imagine the uses it might have in the future, though we have some guesses. The computer gradually evolved to the present state through some random discoveries and additions which were never forecasted. (Thinking of it, Faraday quipped when electricity was discovered and when somebody asked him what its uses were, that, it was like asking about a new born what he would do in the future!!)
    Wasn't the whole human history just an accident?

1. diogenes profile image83
      diogenesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am certain everything that happens in the universe is an "accident."  It is all a result of the random couplings of particles and the resulting evolution.
      Not hard to see where computers are heading.  They will finally become an extension of the human brain and mind, controlled by the electrical impulses which add up  human thought.
      They may be used to control some abberations in human behaviour, such as the misuse of resources, over-population, starting wars and wanking.
      Or am I only dreaming?