jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is life fair?

1. LailaK profile image80
    LailaKposted 4 years ago

Many people argue back and forth about life and if its fair or not. What do you think: is it fair or is it not fair? Does that depend on your religious views?

1. Hui (蕙) profile image59
      Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago in reply to this

We may say no. Some people pay much but gain little, and some people pay little but gain much. Sometimes, people fill hope and enthusiasm to life, but suffer a lot. However, the matter is not whether life is fair or not, but how to understand and balance gains and losses. For example, if somebody is exposed to pain, then s/he may write great article based on this suffering experience. However, the gain may not make up the pain, where to ask "is life fair".

2. vox vocis profile image91
      vox vocisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Both. Depends on whose life we're talking about. However, it's always the innocent who suffer the most. I'm sharing some of my favorite quotes that explain what I think about life:

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well." (Josh Billings)

"I shall never believe that God plays dice with the world." (Albert Einstein)

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." (Buddha)

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." (Mark Twain)

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

We can't expect life to be fair, and I don't think most people do.  Most find ways of making peace with any hand "life" deals them.   I think, though, we all have every right to expect PEOPLE to be fair.  There's a big difference between the two.