jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Money Will Always Talk Ad Infinitum.........

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

I remember as a child my mother telling me how important education is.  She further elaborated that in some places, highly educated people are highly revered and respected.   However, she added that in New York and other big cities, it is those who make a lot of money, no matter if they are highly educated or not, who are revered.   

Well, her words regarding the latter is more true now than ever.   It seems that in postmodern society, those who earn lots of monies are adulated and worshipped.  It matters little whether they are highly educated or not- it is money and lots of it which matters!   Of course, I do not deriding money and the capitalist system.   What I am saying that money rules over everything else.   It seems to me that a highly educated person who is not wealthy is not often respected while those with money even if they are not educated are highly adulated. by many people.  What is your premise on this?

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep money rules...
      The purpose for attaining higher education is to get more money and thats that.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Of course, I am well aware of this.  Yes, money is important to the pursuit of life and liberty.   However, what my premise was that oftentimes our postmodern society adulate people with money no matter how corrupt and uneducated they may be while not respecting lesser monied people with education.  It seems that money, not intelligence nor education, rules.

2. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago