jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Coach Fired For Standing Up For Student And Employed Teacher Bullies

1. By His Way profile image61
    By His Wayposted 4 years ago

Long time coach fired for standing up for a student. The coach is questioning discipline placed on a student/player. I haven't found, in any articles, what exactly the supposedly broke in regards to the student's privacy other than letting it be known that the school district is being unfair. In a previous article, coach Tolo stated something to the effect that he is going to stand up for his students even if that means standing up to his own school. Who knew getting rid of a "Lean On Me" type role model could be easy.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ … id/229665/

What are your thoughts? There's more online. I just can't seem to find it right now.

Yet...yet yet yet we have these teachers that bullied an autistic child or witnessed it and did nothing about it and it was caught on audio...and they STILL HAVE THEIR JOBS.

Does something seem wrong with this picture?

Pass this on please.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I saw this on the local evening news and was very upset about the story. I have a nephew who is handicapped.
      The name calling "basta**" was unbelievable and shocking. No one acting this way should be near any child or school system.
      The local news story reported the "Aide" was fired, but...the teacher was transfered to another school!!!    Wow!
      I am sure there will be more about this to come forward.

By His Wayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope so. There are so many things that we can look past, but this isn't one of them. These are children. I just don't even have the words. You understand.

Then the other story is just nuts. This guy seems pretty upstanding and yet he's been let go. It's crazy.

2. By His Way profile image61
    By His Wayposted 4 years ago

3. 0
    kelleywardposted 4 years ago

I just saw this on the news and it is disturbing to say the least. Children should fill supported by their teachers and coaches instead of victimized. Sad.

By His Wayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Its very sad.

The coach in this post though did the OPPOSITE and STOOD  UP for a student and was released from his coaching duties because it's the school he is standing up against.

How is it (because we can assume union is involved in both situations) that in one scenerio one of the abusive teachers can still have her job and just transferred YET this coach in another case has been fired for trying to PROTECT his student. He has an outstanding record with the school and his students. It's nuts that he is being punished for this while another teacher who allowed and participated in recorded child abuse gets to stay employed in a school system.

It's messed up!  Where are the people that are supposed to make sure that what is BEST for the student is what is taking place??

I'm not about trying to judge people, but I'm all for better investigations and fairness for a child. If we vocalize nothing else, these are worth vocalizing.

On a side note, I think education employees should be held to the same legal standards that medical professionals are held to. If there's abuse of any kind, there needs to be charges made.