jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What should I write my next History hub about?

1. 0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 4 years ago

Hiya folks,

Quite new to writing Hubs, though I am enjoying it. And I am new to the forums. I am trying to figure out what to write about for my new Hub which involves History. I normally write about writing in itself and building story plot. But I love history and like to share my knowledge. So, what should I write about?

Thank you

1. mts1098 profile image83
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

how about Greek or Egyptian ancient civilizations

2. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

Hmmm! What period of history are you interested in? You could concentrate on a particular period in history, or centre in on a historical figure and perhaps do a series of hubs.
    For example, I wrote a seven hub biography of Julius Caesar, and have written hubs about Edward I's Wars against Wales and Scotland. At the moment, I am concentrating on an era that I particularly like, the Napoleonic era. I've just written a hub about Trafalgar, and am working on a hub about Austerlitz.

My advice is just simply pick the periods in history you're most interested in an write about it.

1. 0
      Vrijdag Pagesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been thinking about writing on prostitution in the French Revolution, and how during The Terror it was out ruled.

Thank you for the advice, though I was looking more for a challenge, something to get my teeth into.

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Write about what you know about, so if you have a favourite period of history that you are already familiar with, it will be much easier to write an informative, well argued hub.

I have a word document where I store ideas for hubs. Unfortunately it grows faster than I can write and I currently have 30 pages worth.  Maybe I should auction it on the forums?

1. mts1098 profile image83
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have a similar spreadsheet of hub ideas.  I use it for published hubs and future ideas for hubs

4. ajithknn profile image74
    ajithknnposted 3 years ago

Write what your interested in ...that is what I did ...when you start one other will follow.We can start by reading your  a favourite  historical material, then you tend to ask questions which leads to more reading and research .  That is how a hub is formed..