jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

What would be the result if?

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago

What would be the result to life as we know it in the event of a "Polar Reversal"

Some have claimed we would all rapidly instantaneously be burned up and gone, and earth would then enter into yet another "Ice Age".

Some have claimed we could go off of our orbit, be drawn possibly into the sun and be no more.

Yet others have claimed that the reversal would be gradual but we could face a communications wipeout that would cripple and destroy our financial situations so we should be stocking up on all provisions now in order to survive.

What do you think?

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about the others; but, definitely it's not going to be 'Into Orbit' lol. Earth has its gravity and no matter what happens to the magnetic field gravity will exist.

Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am not so sure about your statement on gravity. I believe that once we leave the earth's orbital space we enter into "ZERO" gravity. Isn't this why astronaut spaces suits are weighted down? So if the earth abruptly and swiftly reverses its "Poles" is there not the possibility for man to be thrown off into space?

Man has to be in space to experience 0 gravity right smile ? Someone has to put them there. They aren't going to go floating from the Earths surface

So you don't think that an abrupt shifting from North to South might cause man to be thrown off into space? I hope you have lead in your pants?

Only foolish ppl will say something like what u stated

I don't consider myself foolish my friend and I am definitely not what ever your acronym ppl what ever that means refers to. I believe that anything is possible, gravity not withstanding.

By the way, I loathe and hate acronyms. People assume that others know what they mean. Not me, I don't know.

1. janesix profile image60
                  janesixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dave, just dont line your pants with iron, you might be sucked down to the south pole when the shift happens!

Isn't that what he's hoping for smile Getting as far away from Santa as he can and staying put to the Earth lol

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
              Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you are confusing gravity with magnetism

1. janesix profile image60
                janesixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think he has to be joking. No one could really think that. Could they?

Yes, Dave could after all you know him!

2. ib radmasters profile image60
      ib radmastersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can only answer this with humor.
      Get an RMA for returning a defective product.

3. profile image0
      jomineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

We'll have to change the compasses!

2. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

Tin-foil hats will be all the rage!

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

It has happened many times before, as polar geomagnetic imprints are found all over the planet. It would be chaos.

4. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

Yeah, probably. Before all of this technology we might have escaped unscathed (except for some widespread panic as the auroras appeared across the globe), but with all of our satellites and wireless tech, I'm sure we'd be done for now.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Polar reversal has happened before and the planet is still here. I dare say that will be true if/when it happens again.

working