jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)

Is it possible to have a twin on earth and not know about it?

1. Edwin Clark profile image84
    Edwin Clarkposted 8 years ago

I'm not talking about a biological twin. I'm talking about someone living in another country who looks like an exact copy of you.

I'm bringing this up because one day I was in Germany and I saw someone who looked exactly like one of my best friends. It was so freaky I nearly called his name out, but I rememebered just in time he's back in New York and to my knowledge has never been to Germany.

So I called him just to check, and yes he was home. Maybe the gene pool on earth has a point where it just tops off and resets smile

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

Long time ago I was told I had a twin running around. Last I heard he was in Canada.

1. greathub profile image77
      greathubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

possible!

3. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

I believe it possible as friend once told me they saw me in London , but when they thought it was me and started yelling for them, the woman was cordial however her name was not Julianna, it was Jill strange I wish they would have take a picture. smile

1. bkmmoon profile image61
      bkmmoonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

i think it's possible but u no not like an exact twin just some1 who kinda sorta looks like a twin....if u no what im sayin'.

Edwin Clarkposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I would've agreed with you about this, until I saw the guy in Germany that looked 100% like one of my best friends back in USA. Same hair, height, weight, dressed differently of course.

Maybe if I stay in the same cafe again I can spot the guy and take a picture. It'll make a funny christmas gift smile

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

Not possible! No one looks like muah.

5. TheMoneyGuy profile image73
    TheMoneyGuyposted 8 years ago

Highly probable, there are a fixed number of alleles in the human genome as the population grows the probability of your exact set coming up continues to increase.  It's like hitting the lottery.  Pure math.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

nope!  If they don't have the Sandy gene then it cannot happen.

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image73
        TheMoneyGuyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Do you consider that a recessive gene or a Dominate gene.

TMG

1. profile image0

neither, it's the Sandy gene, unique only to me!  smile

That is a Good thing, because I would be really busy smiting people for both you and your twin. :LOL

1. profile image0

Aw shucks!  Even if I did have a twin meandoring out there somewhere in the world, if she was anything like me, she still wouldn't have you smite anyone.  smile

You are a very unique person indeed!

2. Edwin Clark profile image84

I agree, it's highly possible with the population explosion all over the world that there should be at least one person who looks like any of us.

Sorry Sandy that includes you too wink

1. profile image0

nope, my finger prints are like snow flakes.  Sorry, mine is mine.  smile

Okay Sandra (rolling eyes) yes you're finger print is unique.

But just to stretch this a bit, with all the billions of people on earth, past, present and future, don't you think it's still possible for someone to have finger prints that are the same as yours.

Now I'm not a math genius, but just think about the probabilites of that happening wink

1. profile image0

No, not possible at all! Cloning Sheep doesn't even produce exact replicas.  smile

But sheeps don't have fingerprints smile

Yes, I'm aware not even biological twins have the sames fingerprints.

I just think that there is a strong possibility that with so some many people that inhabit this planet there should at least be a remote chance that somebody shares the same fingerprints as me. I just hope he's not a psycho killer smile

1. profile image0

What do you think the chances are of someone being born on the same day and hour and minute as you being given the same name, but born a thousand miles apart and never being in contact with anyone from anyone who knows anyone who know anyone you know?  Especially when you have a unique name.

working