jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Help a child choose his/her orientation to choose a job after

1. soutienscolairefr profile image60
    soutienscolairefrposted 5 years ago

How you can help a child with his/her orientation ? What do you think about some courses to discover jobs ?
    A child that is 17 or 16 could not know exactly what he/she wants to do after the school !! Isn it ?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It is something which they should have envisioned before completing school. To not do so is irresponsible.

soutienscolairefrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes but how , maybe a teenager could go and see universities ... But do you thing that every one could find his/her passion or loved work just with seeing what is done in universities ? I think that something that enable discovering the real jobs life should be done in schools or by another way ...

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I had only vague ideas when I left high school, I went to university and investigated them.  The urgency depends on just when they expect to enter the job market. In which case knowing you won't be paying their bills for them can be motivating.

4. classicalgeek profile image87
    classicalgeekposted 5 years ago

I can highly recommend What Color is Your Parachute? by Richard Bolles. When I was at a standstill in my career path, I took the book to heart. In a few months I had discovered what I really wanted to do in life, and this is my 25th year in my job, and I couldn't ever imagine changing jobs. I am excited to go to work every single day and I make a really good living at my job!

soutienscolairefrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's really great smile !!! I'm happy for you, you choose the job which is your passion, I think it's very important to achieve happiness ... wink

working