jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Currently emerging social institutions

1. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

I am trying to write a short paper on an emerging social institutions. I know for a fact that 2/3 of the class have chosen mass media and virtual institutions. Those are the only two I can think of as well. I hate to do what everyone else is going though. Can anyone thing of another, or should I just choose one of those for my paper?

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

"The Rise of the New Economy Movement
    Activists, theorists, organizations and ordinary citizens are rebuilding the American political-economic system from the ground up" ...
    "Thousands of real world projects -- from solar-powered businesses to worker-owned cooperatives and state-owned banks -- are underway across the country. Many are self-consciously understood as attempts to develop working prototypes in state and local “laboratories of democracy” that may be applied at regional and national scale when the right political moment occurs."

Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Where did you get those quotes from? Anyway, I went with environmentalism as a social institution. It seems like social institutions are broad, such as family, religion and politics. It kind of seems the environmentalism is gaining characteristics of a social institution, so we will see what the teacher thinks. smile

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

I had posted this article url last week so didn't again. But here it is.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/05/22-2

Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, you should have known I was going to need it for sociology this week! tongue

working