Condoms Giveaway at Prom?

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

School backs off condom giveaway at the prom
    By Brian Alexander

Updated, May 30:

Last Friday, reported that a New York City school, Bedford-Stuyvesant Preparatory High School, had agreed to make condoms available to students at the schools June 7 prom.

Now, apparently in reaction to some opposition, principal Darryl Rascoe has changed those plans.

The school will still hold an assembly on June 5, sponsored by condom maker NV Healthcare. Plans for an essay contest on the value of safe sex and healthy relationships are also unchanged, and the company will provide 500 condoms to the school. … -prom?lite
    well its still going on but not so publicly.Is this acceptable and responsible behavior.should schools give birth control?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I read the article and don't see the problem. Aside from the idiot who made a comment, which is in the article, and works for some advocacy group for abstinence.

Secondly, my niece who is 16 years old attended her prom, as a Junior in high school and leads me to wonder what "Prom" was going to be issuing the condoms?

The article doesn't say whether or not the Prom was for Juniors or Seniors.

My personal thoughts without having been a parent, would be that it's better to be safe than sorry.