How to think and B+ all the time?
I am so grateful to pankaj3625 who asked this very good question around 7 months back over here at hubpages. Because I have started thinking positive, I would like to share my experience with the world that how we can think and be positive all the time. To master the art of positive thinking, we have to learn the science of positive thinking which I have explained in this hub, so take your time reading this article and change your mind forever.
Where there is a will there is a way, so believe in yourself
I hope you have heard the famous quote: "where there is a will, there is a way". Now what does this "will" signify. Think carefully: Can we ever develop this will for something without believing in your ability to do the thing? "Belief system" does a lot of thing. I will try to tell one of them. We all have a hidden unconscious mind, which always works behind the conscious mind. "Belief system" has a tremendous effect on the unconscious mind, so if we can modify or give a direction to the unconscious mind, it can act as a very strong motivator. Look my friend, "Belief system" doesn't always make something happen which has absolutely no chance of occurring but what is does is to help you to overcome the impact of the self-disappointment resulting from the occurring of the event. This pessimistic attitude if not corrected can affect in other circumstances. For example instead of thinking, "I am in totally frustrated state of mind. Life is really sucking for me", you can think like this " I can access the net, share my problems with other helpful people and get help and also give help but what about those who have not got a chance of accessing the net due to poverty, what about those who know they have only one month left to die and so on. If "life is sucking for me" what is life doing to them? Am I really less frustrated than them? ". In short, instead of believing in less than some, think that you are better than many. Always write down your negative points and positive points, then take one by one the negative points and try to find solutions. Try for small goals and if possible try to cheer yourself on your every smallest possible success. Practice writing your beliefs in a specific point approach and take smaller steps to convert them into reality.
Concept of positive thinking
Now before knowing about how to learn the concept of positive thinking, let's first learn about some symptoms of negativity.
Positive thinking is not a thing, which you can achieve easily. For someone, it takes 6 months, for someone it takes one year, for someone, it takes 2 years or 3 years, etc. It all depends on till date how you had been grown up (by your parents, teachers, friends, society, religions, etc.) and after realizing about the power of positive thinking, what all you did to build and develop this.
Remember in our formative years and for many till date also, in different ways, we had been damaged by lots of people unintentionally (like parents, teachers, society, religions etc.) They always told us that "you cannot do this, you cannot do that" in many different ways which always demotivated us. They always injected fear in us through different ways. We had always been compared with our fellow beings by our parents, teachers, society, etc. which created hatred, jealousy, and ego in us for others. They praised us less for our success and always criticized for our smallest mistakes. Anything happened, they always thought negative and they also made us think negative. (These things vary from person to person).
Their intention was not to break us but to make us, but the method they used was breaking us and not making us. Well in any case, we cannot blame them as they have also been brought up like that and they are not aware about what they are doing.
Hence no one knows how much the other person has been damaged, but yes you know yourself better and you know very well that how much you had been damaged, so depending on those damages, you may take 6 months or 6 years to become a 100% positive thinker.
Do this when you are angry and frustrated
Just start noticing when you are angry and frustrated. Check the thoughts that come to your mind, see the sentences and convert it into positive statement. Keep practicing this for some days. This will soon become a habit and then whatever you want to happen, feel that god has come and told you it will happen and visualize things. Start thinking from the end. Keep the end picture in mind, work on this very sincerely and once you will learn to control your thoughts, everything will be easy. Believe me it has worked miracles for me.
Close your eyes and think
When you feel negative, just close your eyes and say, "I intend to feel good and positive about everything in my life, breath in and out and feel your receiving it. Just see the magic in 30 seconds and the same way with whatever you want to happen in life, intend, close your eyes and feel you are receiving it. Some things might take a little time but trust the universe, because it happens.
Steps towards positive thinking
1. First step of positive thinking is having 100% faith that one day it will happen and that day is coming very soon.
2. Now second step is how you prepare yourself for positive thinking.
3. Third step is to be committed that whatever method you use you will stick to those methods and you will be regular to those methods in any circumstance.
4. Fourth and most important step is patience. If you don't have patience, then positive thinking is not for you.
Just remember that negativity will always come to our mind and we have to be aware of those negative thoughts and start transforming those thoughts into positive thoughts by thinking into positive aspects.
My approach towards positive thinking
There are many different methods to build positive thinking and I would like to share with you the methods I use.
1. As soon as you wake up everyday in the morning, read 10 positive thoughts (proverbs and slogans) and again read another 10 positive thoughts before you go to sleep and everyday, these proverbs should be a little different so start collecting (writing) as much positive proverbs as possible (for example from April 2009 till date, I wrote more than 250 different positive proverbs in my notebook). It is okay if you repeat also. And when you come to end of your collection, then go back to first and continue again from first. Do this everyday till you are satisfied from within that now whatever first comes to my mind is positive.
2. Read some good self help books or autobiographies of great people everyday. Give 1 hour everyday for reading these kinds of books which will construct your mind in a positive manner. Few books I would like to suggest you are: You Can Win? How to Win Friends and Influence People? Power of subconscious mind, Boost your self esteem, etc. and you can find many books in market and there are many principles you will find to practice, so you have to practice those.
3. Go ahead and join some good personality development course if you want.
4. Beware. Whenever negative things pop up in your mind, just immediately start thinking of some positive solutions.
5. Most important is to learn how to meditate by some expert and meditate everyday. Remember unless you know how to control you mind, you would not be able to control negative thoughts. Meditation helps a lot in development of positive attitude.
6. Exercising everyday again is very important. Healthy body produces a healthy mind.
7. Start accepting and adjusting to things (people or situation, etc.) as it is. Remember you cannot change anybody, but you can change yourself. My mentor used to give me the method of C.A.R for dealing with people or any situation. C= Change the changeable, A= Accept the unchangeable, and R= Remove yourself from unacceptable.
8. Get associated with positive thinkers (by forming friends circle who always think positive). There are many hubbers like Kenny Wordsmith who are positive thinkers.
9. Never blame others, never criticize others, and always appreciate others.
10. Use positive words in your language or vocabulary for example "I have written this topic in totally frustrated state of mind. Life is really sucking for me" Always remember what you will think that you will become. If you use words like "life is sucking for you", then it will suck and if you think, life is beautiful, then in spite of whatever problem is there, you will feel that life is beautiful. I have personally started experiencing this. Positive vocabulary is most important to be build, so be aware of what kind of words you use in you daily life. Few examples of negative words, which we use in our daily life and which are very common, need to be deleted from our vocabulary list and they are 1. I am very tired. 2. I have a poor memory. 3. I am poor in Maths or I am poor in studies. 4. I hate myself, my life etc. and many more, so search them and delete them from your vocabulary.
11. Love yourself as you are, accept yourself as you are and others also.
There are many other ways and always remember what you are adopting, be regular to it. Have unshakable faith in it and have patience because it will take time depending upon how much damage has been done to you and your life by outer sources in your formative years and how much damage is still going on. If you will be regular to above methods or some other methods, which suit you, then you will find the changes very soon in yourself and your life.
Read these great wordings to be positive
I would like to share a few great wordings with you, which I read in books.
Start your day with a positive thought
Read or listen to something positive first thing in the morning. After a good night's sleep, we are relaxed and our subconscious is receptive. It sets the tone for the day, and puts us in the right frame of mind to make every day a positive day. In order to bring about change, we need to make a conscious effort to make positive thoughts and behavior part of our lives. Go ahead and practice having positive thoughts and behavior daily until they become a habit.
Feed Your Mind
Just like our bodies need good food every day, our minds need good thoughts every day. The key words in the preceding sentence are good food and good thoughts. If we feed our body with junk food and our mind with bad thoughts, we will have both a sick body and a sick mind. We need to feed our mind with pure and positive thoughts to stay on track.
"Our mind is like muscles, stretch or shrink depending on how much or how little we exercise them".
Education is a reservoir
Positive thinkers are like athletes who, through practice, build an inner reservoir of stamina that they draw on in competition. If they don't practice, they have nothing to draw on. Similarly, positive thinkers regularly build a reserve of positive attitude by constantly feeding their mind on the pure, the powerful and the positive on a daily basis. They realize that we are all going to be facing negative situations and if we have the reserve of positive attitude, we will be able to overcome them; otherwise, the negative will prevail.
Power of Positive Autosuggestion
This is a very powerful tool to transform your negative thoughts into positive. Give positive autosuggestion to yourself always when you find yourself in trouble, worry, fear, tension etc. I would like to give you a live example of myself. A few months back, I was doing a leadership course and one of the activities in my leadership course was public speaking. Somehow, I was not able to give my speech properly in my class because every time when I came in front, I use to stammer and forget words while giving my speech to class. Last day of the class was competition class in public speaking and my turn was second. When first person was giving his speech, I was feeling nervous because the next turn was mine and I was scared because of stammering. Immediately, the autosuggestion idea flashed in my mind and I thought to try it out there. I gave an autosuggestion to my mind and I said "Fear get lost because today I will give my speech in spite of you and it will be the best speech. There would not be any stammering and I will remember all the words which I have prepared and will deliver them right here" and guess what my, speech was one of the best speech, as I didn't stammer at all and I was exactly speaking what I prepared for. Everyone in the class praised me and said me that you were excellent today.
That was the day I realized the power of autosuggestion and then I experimented this in many other places and it worked everywhere, so give positive autosuggestion to yourself whenever you feel some thing negative and see how it works.
P.S.: Positive autosuggestion doesn't work when you give it to yourself without having faith in it, so the most important thing is having faith. Whatever positive autosuggestion you give to your mind, have faith in it and it will work.
Hey friend, I can see a smile and a sense of satisfaction on your face so I think I have done my work .
Motivating steps towards positive thinking
1. Take care of yourself. Eating right, and getting enough sleep and exercise will help you to feel more positive.
2. Practice good physical contact. Let your family and friends know that you love them by being generous with your hugs. It's good for you and them.
3. Q-TIP: Quit taking it personally. When others are in a bad mood, or being silent, don't assume that you are the reason for it. Talk to them and find out what the problem is before thinking they are upset with you.
4. Lend a helping hand. Find a cause that is important to you and become a volunteer. Giving of yourself not only helps those in need but makes you feel better about yourself. Remember, what goes around, comes around.
5. Don't use absolutes. When you use words like NEVER or ALWAYS you make things sound worse than they are. Then you begin to feel like you can't count on people. And often times, people will live up to what you expect of them. So aim high!
6. Let go of negative thoughts. Holding onto negative thoughts brings you down and makes you feel bad. When you start thinking negatively, you need to change direction and find something positive.
7. Be grateful for what you have. Thinking about the good things in your life can help you to maintain a positive attitude. Taking even a moment everyday to think about what you are grateful for can help you get through even the roughest times.
8. Be socially active. Spending time with family and friends is a healthy way to maintain a positive attitude. Surrounding yourself with happy, positive people can help you to avoid the negative feelings that can come with loneliness.
With every good wish
More by this Author
F-35 Lightening from USA, UK, Norway, Australia LCA Tejas from India JAS Gripen from Sweden F-16 Falcon from USA Below are a few characteristics and pros and cons of the above-mentioned aircraft. This is not a...
Presented here is a list of 11 costliest fighters jets on earth with pictures and brief history of course.....
Recently, a friend of mine asked me that I have been driving Maruti Alto Lxi since last four years now and I want to sell my old car. I would like buy a new car in the budget of 3.5 lacs and my father is really...