Some Fascinating Facts About Some Amazing people! (Miscellaneous)
- A Greek monk Mihallo Toltos never saw a women in his life. When he was born, his mother died and the baby was taken the following day to a monastry atop the Mount Athos. He spent his life among the monks-isolated from women. Even female animals were not allowed to enter the monastry.
- Maldives had almost no murder so far, while Brazil has the highest.
- Mrs. Laurel Nisbel of USA survived for 37 years and 58 days on lungs made of metal.
- Richard the Lion-Hearted King of England spent more than 95% of his reign away from his kingdom and visited England only twice.
- Italian flag was designed by Napoleon Bonaparte.
- In India, the Chenchu tribe believe that sex at night produces blind children.
- 20,000 men laboured for nearly 20 years to bring the Taj Mahal at Agra, to its final shining glory of perfection beside the Yamuna river. The building, a mausoleum of pure white marble, was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the body of his beloved second wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- The oldest man-made structures built in 3250 BC still standing are stone henge-like temples. The megalithic buildings are at Magarr and Skorba on Motta and a Ggantija on the nearby island of Gozo.
- Two irrigation dams built by Roman Engineers in the 2nd century AD in Merida, Spain, are still in use. The only major maintenance work they have needed in the past 1800 years has been the renewal of their stone facings, carried out in the 1930's.
- The American Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company, made his first car in the garden shed at his home in Michigan in 1896.
- The longest lived man was Shirali Nislimov who died on sept. 8, 1978 at the age of 168 years.
- More than half of the world's people are rice eaters.
- Rafael Molina known as Lagartijo, the famous 19th century bullfighter, killed some 4867 bulls.
- Leonardo da Vinci was a painter, inventor, lute player, sculptor, military engineer, scientific observer, anatomist, architect, town planner as well as a committed designer.
More by this Author
Norway is called the land of midnight sun because sun does not set from may till the fall of july. There are 60,000 lakes in Finland and it is known as the "Land of Lakes". Sudan in Africa is surrounded by...
It is possible to see a rainbow as a complete circle from an aeroplane. A litre of vinegar is heavier in winter than in summer. A barrel of juice or wine would take about a year or two to ferment naturally into...
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...