Some Amazing Facts About Places! (Miscellaneous)
- Norway is called the land of midnight sun because sun does not set from may till the fall of july.
- There are 60,000 lakes in Finland and it is known as the "Land of Lakes".
- Sudan in Africa is surrounded by eight countries - Egypt, Libya, Chad, Central African Republican, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia.
- The orange river in south africa is considered richest because it carries diamonds as it flows.
- The winter of 1925 was so cold in canada that the Niagara Falls were completely frozen.
- Eskimos use fridge to prevent their food from freezing.
- The Egyptian's used the annual flooding of the Nile river to accurately set up their calendar.
- The smallest independent country in the world is Vatican city.
- The ancient name of Tokyo is Edo.
- At places of the lowest temperature like siberia, people do not get infected with cold because it is too cold for the bacteria to grow.
- The world's largest man-made hole is at Kimberly, South Africa. It has a perimeter of 1.6 km and 800 m deep. It was dug in 1871 for obtaining diamonds.
- Bermuda Triangle or Devil's triangle is part of the North Atlantic Ocean, roughly between Florida, Bermuda and the Sargasso sea.
- About 45 percent of world population lives in China and India.
- The tallest skyscraper is Sears Tower in Chicago - 443 m high.
- The longest tunnel is in Japan which is 54 km long.
- Most populous city of the world is Mexico City.
- The higest capital is La Paz of Bolivia.
- The highest City is Lhasa.
- The most expensive City to live in is Tokyo, Japan.
- The Largest park is Wood Buffalo in Canada.
More by this Author
Whenever we try to do too many tasks in just one 24 hours-day, we always feel the pressure of time. We cannot control time, we can control only our priorities. Therefore time management is basically priority management...
It is possible to see a rainbow as a complete circle from an aeroplane. A litre of vinegar is heavier in winter than in summer. A barrel of juice or wine would take about a year or two to ferment naturally into...
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...