Some Amazing Facts About Places! (Miscellaneous)
- Norway is called the land of midnight sun because sun does not set from may till the fall of july.
- There are 60,000 lakes in Finland and it is known as the "Land of Lakes".
- Sudan in Africa is surrounded by eight countries - Egypt, Libya, Chad, Central African Republican, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia.
- The orange river in south africa is considered richest because it carries diamonds as it flows.
- The winter of 1925 was so cold in canada that the Niagara Falls were completely frozen.
- Eskimos use fridge to prevent their food from freezing.
- The Egyptian's used the annual flooding of the Nile river to accurately set up their calendar.
- The smallest independent country in the world is Vatican city.
- The ancient name of Tokyo is Edo.
- At places of the lowest temperature like siberia, people do not get infected with cold because it is too cold for the bacteria to grow.
- The world's largest man-made hole is at Kimberly, South Africa. It has a perimeter of 1.6 km and 800 m deep. It was dug in 1871 for obtaining diamonds.
- Bermuda Triangle or Devil's triangle is part of the North Atlantic Ocean, roughly between Florida, Bermuda and the Sargasso sea.
- About 45 percent of world population lives in China and India.
- The tallest skyscraper is Sears Tower in Chicago - 443 m high.
- The longest tunnel is in Japan which is 54 km long.
- Most populous city of the world is Mexico City.
- The higest capital is La Paz of Bolivia.
- The highest City is Lhasa.
- The most expensive City to live in is Tokyo, Japan.
- The Largest park is Wood Buffalo in Canada.
More by this Author
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...
It is possible to see a rainbow as a complete circle from an aeroplane. A litre of vinegar is heavier in winter than in summer. A barrel of juice or wine would take about a year or two to ferment naturally into...
These are the world's most dangerous, deadly snakes for humans: Find out about the habits of each snake, where they live, and how to avoid them.