8 highly important improvisations
HOW TO RECHARGE YOUR CAR BATTERY WITH A BOTTLE OF WINE
- Unscrew the caps(which have the positive and negative indicator) of the battery
- Pour the bottle of wine into the battery
- Replace the battery and start your engine
This trick work because if you look at the battery, you would notice that it has two large terminals with plastic cap( positive and negative), Since electrons are negatively charged, they are attracted to the negative terminal of the battery.
Pouring which is an acidic liquid into the battery allows the electrons to flow freely betwwen the positive and negative terminal providing energy to operate the car's motor.
IT should pointed out though that for this to work, the wine must be mostly vinegar as it has a high acidic state, thereby making it a better solution for the electrons to travel.
So next time before popping that bottle for that great occasion, think of your battery
READING THE CONTENT FROM A BURNT PAPER
- Place the burnt paper carefully over a sheet of paper
- Carefully a part of water with an equal amount of glycerol and pour the content into a bottle that has a spray mechanism
- Carefully spray the mixture created earlier over the burnt paper and smooth the paper with small wooden sticks
- Hold the paper in front of a light bulb and read its content
The idea behind this basically revolves around a chemical reaction. The glycerol acts like a moistening agent to keep the burnt paper in place. The good thing about the lead in from the pencil (oh i forgot, the material on the paper has to be have been with a pencil) is that it contains grease and this does not burn easily.
Since the grease repels water, it would not be damaged by the water-glycerol solution.The water makes it possible for light to pass through the paper but the grease on the hand would not be transparent. By holding the paper to the light, you get to see the outline of the writing
HOW TO BYPASS A THUMB PRINT READER
- Retrieve the fingerprint of the individual with the pass for the thumb print reader on glass( preferably a glass cup)
- Crush pieces of chalk into powder and blow over the fingerprint impression on the glass
- Heat a piece of candle wax and pour it onto your thumb
- Press that thumb covered with candle wax over the fingerprint impression and ensure the warm wax adhere with the chalk print.
I should be noted that the oil from your fingers leave residue on any surface you come in contact with. The chalk particles stick onto this residue to create the visible finger impression.
The chalk in turn sticks to the candle wax when the thumb is pressed against the print and smooth nature of the wax keeps the apparent fingerprint in place.
HOW TO MAKE A LIE DETECTOR WITH A BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF AND AN ALARM CLOCK
- Open the alarm clock
- Create a loop circuit between the alarm and battery using two copper wires.
- Tape the end of both copper wires to the arm of the subject and put the blood pressure cuff around the arm.
- Test the system with a simple question: was it my girlfriend you were just with in the bathroom ( Keep a baseball bat close by)
A lie detector works on the idea of detecting changes in the body reaction to stimulus provided by the interviewer. It is a well know fact that when a person lies, it causes a particular reaction in the body which can be identified by the heart rate, blood pressure,respiratory rate and electro-dermal activities. The mechanism checks the blood pressure and electro-dermal activities.
Bloody pressure is easy to test but does not genuinely give an accurate representation of whether the subject is telling the truth or not. As for the alarm clock, when a person sweats , the electrolyte in the sweat allows electricity to readily pass between the copper thereby completing the circuit which in turns triggers the alarm
HOW TO ESCAPE FROM A BORING DINNER PARTY
You can simply walk out or...
- locate the dressing screen at the corner
- Drag a small table beside the screen
- Place a figurine on the table and place a desk lamp behind it
- Turn on the light
- Adjust the lamp so that the shadow of the figurine falls on the dressing screen
- Walk out with the girl/guy you have been admiring through out the party
The idea here is that the closer an object is to a light source, the larger its shadow would appear therefore something small can appear very big through this illusion technique
REPAIR A BUSTED BRAKE LINE WHILE IN A MOVING CAR
- Pop the hood. Because the car is speeding, the wind would reap off the hood when it opens
- Climb onto the front of the car(now ensure your passenger takes the wheels or you are so screwed) and locate the cut brake line which is the line leaking out brown fluid
- Open the empty brake fluid tank
- Locate the power steering fluid tank and also find the power steering line that leads out from this tank.
- Cut this line and insert it into the brake fluid tank. This should provide enough fluid to the brakes to stop the car.
in a hydralic system the brake fluid transfers the force applied to the break pedal to the brake cylinder causing the brake pad to press against the tires. If the line is cut, air is pumped into the system so the pressure is not applied. This system does not work efficiently because the air in the break line is not gotten rid off
FOOLING A MOTION DETECTOR WITH A LAMP
- Turn on the lamp
- Aim lamp directly at the motion detector
- Move forward while holding the lamp directly at the detector
- Place the lamp directly in front of the detector.. You can now move freely without triggering the detector.
Many motion detectors use infrared light to detect motion.. Moving objects change the amount of infrared light striking the detector. By directly the lamp at the detector, you effectively flood the space with infrared light, masking changes in infrared light that occur when you move.
BYPASS A KEYPAD LOCK WITH LOCK
Well you could ask for the code or...
- Crush the lead of a pencil into fine powder and pour the dust onto a piece of paper
- Blow the finely crushed lead onto the keypad and ensure the lead is evenly distributed.
- Locate the key with the highest concentration of lead and press it
- Locate the key with the next highest concentration of pencil lead and press it
- Complete this sequence until you have access.
When your finger touches a surface, it leaves an oily residue. Each succeeding touch will leave slightly lessoil. And, of course, the more you touch the each key,the more oil you will leave on that particular key. So toclarify, the first key will have the most oil and thereforethe most lead.
More by this Author
The idea of a coming of age or a Bildungsroman stems from the effect that growth has on individuals, someone's growth from childhood to maturity or from a boy to a man is a journey that is pivotal and more times than...