100 Funniest Movies (Part 24 ~The # 1 Comedy of All-Time)
100) Being John Malkovich
99) Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
98) Private Benjamin
97) American Beauty
96) Brewster's Millions
95) A League of Their Own
94) Defending Your Life
93) Swimming With Sharks
92) Harold and Maude
91) The Bad News Bears
90) Shaun of the Dead
89) Ciao Professore!
88) About A Boy
87) Nobody's Fool
85) The 40-Year-Old Virgin
83) The Snapper
81) We're No Angels
79) Much Ado About Nothing
78) Bottle Rocket
77) The Out-of-Towners
76) Finding Nemo
75) Pee Wee's Big Adventure
74) The Odd Couple
73) Party Girl
72) The Tall Guy
71) Say Anything...
70) After Hours
69) The Aristocrats
66) Bad Santa
65) Trading Places
64) The Money Pit
63) Private Parts
62) Young Frankenstein
61) Back to the Future
60) Better Off Dead
59) Frankie & Johnny
58) Crazy People
57) Welcome To The Dollhouse
56) Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
53) The Hudsucker Proxy
52) The Breakfast Club
51) Meet The Parents / Meet The Fockers
50) Fast Times at Ridgemont High
49) This Is Spinal Tap
48) When Harry Met Sally
47) Wild Cats
46) There's Something About Mary
45) Napoleon Dynamite
44) Waiting for Guffman
43) Wedding Crashers
42) Small Time Crooks
41) I Love You To Death
40) South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
38) Mr. Mom
35) Raising Arizona
34) The Jerk
31) The Princess Bride
30) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
29) Foul Play
28) Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
27) Animal House
26) Annie Hall
25) A Christmas Story
22) Liar Liar
21) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
20) The Big Lebowski
19) The Ref
18) A Fish Called Wanda
17) The Nutty Professor
16) 16 Candles
15) Groundhog Day
14) Best In Show
13) Bullets Over Broadway
12) Planes, Trains and Automobiles
11) The Birdcage
9) Coming To America
6) What About Bob?
5) Office Space
2) Dumb and Dumber
and finally the moment we've all been waiting for....
First of all, let me stick my chest and say that not one person guessed it! To those of you out there who haven't been waiting intently for this hub I have only this to say to you.
I think you're all fug'd in the head!
We're ten seconds from fuggin fun park and you want to bail out?
Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer just a movie countdown, it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun we're all gonna have so much fuggin' fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our godamm'd smiles. You'll be whistling Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah out of your azzoles!
I gotta be crazy starting this countdown. I'm on a pilgrimage to reveal a moose.
.................... Praise Marty Moose!
Isn't it obvious???!!!....... #1 ~~~ National Lampoon's "Vacation"
John Hughes wrote a piece for National Lampoon's magazine called Vacation '58 and when it was converted into a film it launched the greatest comedy script writer ever along with Woody Allen. This is first and his best which let's face it, is almost always the case.
National Lampoon's "Vacation" ~~~ 1983
Clark Griswold and his family are traveling across country to the ultimate family vacation destination Disn---ummm Walley World! They will endure at least 25 things that will make you laugh out loud! Here's a sample of my personal favorites...
- Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.
- I got laid off when they closed that asbestos factory, and wouldn't you know it, the army cuts my disability pension because they said that the plate in my head wasn't big enough.
- Hey, hey, easy kids. Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes... or perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away?
- I don't give a frog's fat ass who went through what. We need money! Hey, Russ, wanna look through Aunt Edna's purse?
- I'm making out a check for $1000, all you have to do is give me $300 in cash and keep the $700, all for doing nothing more than acting like a total creep.
- Roll 'em up!
- O God, ease our suffering in this, our moment of great dispair. Yea, admit this kind and decent woman into thy arms of thine heavenly area, up there. And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her a break.
This is a curtain call to THE CAST OF THE FUNNIEST FILM OF ALL-TIME, TAKE A BOW!
- Chevy Chase - Clark Griswold
- Beverly D'Angelo - Ellen Griswold
- Imogene Coca - Aunt Edna
- Randy Quaid - Cousin Eddie
- Anthony Michael Hall - Russell 'Rusty' Griswold
- Dana Barron - Audrey Griswold
- Eddie Bracken - Roy Walley
- Brian Doyle-Murray - Kamp Komfort Clerk
- Miriam Flynn - Cousin Catherine
- James Keach - Motorcycle Cop
- Eugene Levy - Car Salesman
- Frank McRae - Grover
- John Candy - Lasky, Guard at Walleyworld
- Christie Brinkley - The Girl in the Ferrari
- Jane Krakowski - Cousin Vicki
So let's all sing together....
Who's the moosiest moose we know?
Who's the star of our favorite show?
M is for Merry, we're merry you see;
O is for Oh gosh, Oh golly, Oh gee;
S is for Super Swell family glee;
E is for Everything you want to be.
M - A - R - T - Y;
M - O - O - S - E.
What's that spell?
(Hyuk), that's me!
I guess that pretty much wraps things up on my end...or does it???
Nah, I will be very soon publishing a simple list of the 200 greatest comedies I have ever seen and you are welcome to promote your favorites right here 'till then!
I am DJ Funktual and i just spun 100 hilarious movies in a row!
- 100 Incredible Films (Volume 1 ~ #s 100-91)
Welcome To My World. A world where movies don't have to suck all the time. A world where films could even be seen multiple times and you'd still get new things to enjoy about them.
Play that tune you just need to hear right now!
More by this Author
Ten more classics from the Funktual Library of Films! If you are as frustrated as me at Blockbuster/Netflix, why not go retro and see the good stuff you've missed?
In 1982, Eddie Murphy's movie career began with 48 Hrs. alongside Nick Nolte. The following year he followed it up with this amazing film about a socialogical experiment between a conservative businessman and a homeless...
This epic list was inspired by my childhood radio station WLIR-WDRE 92.7 fm on Long Island. Their mantra was 'Dare To be Different' and they were introducing new bands every single week. Let's begin.