20 Classic Slow Jams from the 70's to Start off Your Collection
The seventies was a unique era. Their way of dress was different. It was expected that you would wear your best threads (suit or shirt and slacks) when you went out. The music was on a different level. It was sensual and romantic. Lyrics had meaning. The accompanying music helped to provide that candlelight feeling. When you heard it, it got all up in your bones. You experienced what the singer was experiencing. You get taken on a desperation ride as they are begging for their lover to come back. You press play when words itself cannot express the true depth of love you have for your partner. Whereas it is en vogue to be a rapper today, you were a true superstar if you had a hit slow jam. Guys could do no wrong (for a while) if they took their lady to see Marvin Gaye or Al Green.
So, you can count this list as a service to the community. Ladies thank me later. Tell your man in between Lil Wayne jams to mix in some of these songs. He just might get lucky.
1. Always and Forever - Heatwave
2. Just To Be Close To You – The Commodores
3. Never Never Gonna Give You Up – Barry White
4. Love Ballad - LTD
5. How Deep is Your Love – Bee Gees
6. Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
7. Betcha By Golly, Wow – The Stylistics
8. I Wanna Get Next To You – Rose Royce
9. Can’t Hide Love – Earth Wind and Fire
10. Just My Imagination – The Temptations
11. I Can’t Help It – Michael Jackson
12. If You Leave Me Now - Chicago
13. Song For You – Donnie Hathaway
14. Just the Way You Are – Billy Joel
15. Knocks Me Off My Feet – Stevie Wonder
16. For the Love of You – Isley Brothers
17. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
18. I Wanna Spend The Night – Bill Withers
19. Never Can Say Goodbye – Isaac Hayes
20. I’ll Be There – Jackson 5
More by this Author
I know this is a controversial question, but it has to be made. There is no right or wrong answer. I was riding in my old 93' Mercury Sable with the cassette deck last week. I looked under the car seat and...
Maxwell courtesy of 5starhiphop.com Over the years, legendary R & B singers such as Sam Cooke, Al Green, Barry White, and Luther Vandross have sung many timeless romantic classics to set the mood right. Each decade...
Mitchell and Ness Nostalga Co. The selling of throwback and retro jerseys over the last 15 years has been lucrative. It even became the main fasihion in the Hip-Hop industry for a few years. Many tried to get their...