20 Non-Productive Things You Can Do When You Are Down
Stuff You Can Do!
There comes in time in everyone's life when they feel like they've had just about enough. It can be for a lot of reasons. Maybe financial pressures are bringing them down. Perhaps there is too much stress at work. It could be a person has just gone through a breakup. Maybe someone close to them is very ill. Perhaps all of these things are happening at once!
Being down can bring you even further down in a lot of ways. You might push yourself too hard and your health takes a toll. Then you are sick and can't do everything that needs to get done. Now you are even more stressed out! You could even neglect friends and family members when you are in this grim mood. The bottom line is, you need to find some non-productive things to do to get out of this funk.
Why sit around and get worse? If you are sad, you are not doing yourself any justice by throwing yourself further into work or ignoring the issue. No, the time is now to sit back and take a big break from everything. If you have to do so, call out sick. Chances are, you are not feeling well anyway due to being down. Now is the time to engage in some completely non-productive activities and you are in luck! I am an unauthorized expert in doing useless stuff!
20 Non-Productive Activities:
- Eat Nutella straight from the jar. I know they just lost a lawsuit since their commercial indicated Nutella was healthy, but come on! It is still delicious and anyone that can read knows the jar is full of cocoa and hazelnut goodness. Seriously, it was never healthy and no one cares!
- Watch all of the Harry Potter movies for an entire day.
- Read all of the Harry Potter books back-to-back.
- Watch all of the Harry Potter movies while reading the books. Multi-tasking at its finest!
- Write a fake resume with job duties like: painting white fish gold so they could be sold as goldfish, walking the boss's dog on all fours so the dog felt superior, and taste testing the moldy food in the work fridge.
- Count dust particles as they float through the air.
- Go to Petsmart and attempt to teach the parakeets how to say, "Buy me!"
- Make prank phones calls to Verizon, Comcast, and your credit card companies. Hey, they call you all the time about useless offers. It is time to return the favor.
- Paint each fingernail a different color.
- Strike up a conversation with your postal worker when he or she brings the mail. Ask if the giant peacock you ordered is ever going to arrive.
- Bake something using every random ingredient you can find in your kitchen. See how those spinach, vanilla, cheese, chicken, lettuce, onion, raisin, and beef muffins turn out.
- Take the spinach, vanilla, cheese, chicken, lettuce, onion, raisin, and beef muffins to work. See if anyone is polite enough to eat one.
- Call a paranormal group and pretend your house is haunted. Don't bother if you home is actually haunted. That just isn't as much fun.
- Sleep even more.
- Go to a dance club and tap dance all night even though you don't know how. See how many people point and laugh at you.
- Find someone painting walls and watch the paint dry.
- Build an entire little village using popsicle sticks. If you have rodents as pets, make it especially for them.
- Perfect your snoring techniques while awake and then ask someone to hang out with you while you sleep to make sure you got it right.
- Write a hub just like this one!
Cheer Up a Little Today!
More by this Author
Don't just be a conformist and use the same tired old greetings on the phone at work. Let's step outside the box and start using some fun new greetings.
Living in a haunted house doesn't have to be a bad experience. Before you attempt to kick out a ghost, try being friends with your new ghostly roommate instead.
Hamsters are well known for being escape artists. If your pet hamster does escape, here are some tips for finding your missing pet.