20 Signs You Are Sitting Through The Worst Meeting Ever
Oh, no! Another Meeting!
It's Monday morning and you are not ready to get out of bed. However, the alarm clock refuses to be ignored. You can no longer hit the snooze button. You've got to get out of bed to go to work. You roll out and get ready, only to remember you have a big company meeting. Geez, could the day get any worse? Actually, it can. You might just find yourself sitting through the worst meeting ever in the history of meetings.
We all know the feeling. No matter where you work or what you do, there is a point in which you are going to have to suffer through a meeting. It might just be a small office meeting. It could even be a huge conference meeting. Either way, you know if you work anywhere at all, you are going to have to deal with meetings occasionally. However, there are times when things take a turn for the worst. In case you are wondering, yes, I am happy to list the 20 signs you are sitting through the worst meeting ever.
The 20 Signs You Are Sitting Through the Worst Meeting Ever:
- Security guards stand outside the boardroom doors and make you go back in if you try to leave.
- Not only are a few people asleep, one person might actually be in a coma.
- You've been sitting in the meeting for 3 hours and not one single item on the agenda has been covered yet.
- The boss starts the meeting with a Powerpoint presentation about her new knitting project. Yes, there are photos included.
- Spitballs begin to fly every time one of the managers turns around to write on the whiteboard.
- The email invitation said there would be free lunch. It is 2 o'clock and the only food to eat is Cheetos.
- The managers start the meeting with the opening, "We've been working on making this meeting fun. We would like to begin with a funky rap about layoffs. Hit it!"
- There are pie charts.... lots and lots of pie charts. No one knows how to read them. Instead, everyone just decides they should order pie for lunch.
- The meeting started at 8 AM and you've been there for hours. Not only is it getting dark outside, the cleaning crew has come in. They begin to vacuum around everyone in the boardroom.
- The boss declares he's created a great new game called: Wheel of Blame. The loser gets fired.
- The first item on the agenda just simply states: Saturdays and Sundays - a missed opportunity to squeeze in more work hours.
- The CEO discusses how he would like to see the company go in a different direction. He would like to manufacture VCRs, CB radios, and 8 track players. He assures everyone these items are making a comeback.
- During the meeting, a fight breaks out over who ate the last donut. Eventually, a huge riot ensues.
- The manager says he must layoff at least 3 people by the end of the meeting. He asks everyone to compile a list of reasons why he is the greatest supervisor ever. He then makes each person read the lists out loud.
- Several people bring their children with them to the meeting. Everything was going fine until everyone at the meeting realized the kids had better ideas than anyone that actually worked at the company.
- During the meeting, the manager pulls out a sword and challenges everyone to a dual. The winners get raises. The losers get trips to the hospital.
- The boss announces this meeting is going to focus on better ways to hide money from the IRS.
- The meeting is a meeting about other meetings.
- When all else fails, a dance off begins on the boardroom table.
- The boss explains to everyone how she was worried the company was going under, she was terrified she would be forced to layoff everyone, but now, it seemed as if the company would be OK. Then she pauses and says, "Just kidding! Pack your stuff and go!"
More Fun Work Hubs:
- 20 Signs You Need to Start Looking for a New Job
Think you need to leave your job? How about a helpful list? You can read the 20 signs you need to start looking for a new job and decide if it's time to go.
- 13 Signs You Need a Vacation
Do you need a vacation? Are you really stressed? Maybe you need some assistance determining how much you need a vacation. Well, you need to read the 13 Signs You Need a Vacation.
- 10 Reasons Why Going to Work Stinks
Let's face it, getting up and out of bed everyday to go to the work is really a pain. Why not explore the 10 reasons why going to work stinks? Perhaps you will have a good laugh and you can make it through another tough day at work.
Have you ever fallen asleep at a meeting?See results without voting
Improve Your Meetings!
More by this Author
Don't just be a conformist and use the same tired old greetings on the phone at work. Let's step outside the box and start using some fun new greetings.
Living in a haunted house doesn't have to be a bad experience. Before you attempt to kick out a ghost, try being friends with your new ghostly roommate instead.
Sometimes you need a second job. Maybe you don't make enough money at your full-time job or maybe you need some extra cash for the holidays. It is possible to work two jobs at once and not go crazy.