20 Signs That Show You're Addicted to the Internet
Most people will think that addiction means consuming drugs or alcohol on a regular basis, but there are other types of addiction. Internet addiction is similar to a gambling addiction because it results in the same issues. Internet addiction is a very real compulsive-impulsive use disorder. Using the Internet too much, or having the need to be on all the time can really mess with your thinking. Internet addiction can cause poor performance of work or school habits, problems with your social life, health issues, financial difficulties, and even mental health issues. When becoming an addict, you can also loose track of time and even forget when to eat and sleep. Here are some true and also funny signs that show you are an Internet addict.
Here are some true facts/signs that show you're addicted to the Internet.
1. You spend an increased time a day on the Internet.
2. Start to withdraw from other activities.
3. Not getting enough sleep, or forget to sleep.
4. Forgetting to eat.
5. Changes in weight, getting constant headaches, and personal hygiene.
6. Internet starts to interfere with school and/or work.
7. Depression, and or tiredness.
8. Neglecting family.
9. Changing in behavior such as anger or sadness.
Here are some humorous signs that show your addicted to the Internet.
1. It takes you 30 minuets to scroll through your favorites/bookmarks.
2. You type, "where are my car keys" in the Google Search bar.
3. You eat all of your meals at the computer desk while everyone else eats at the table.
4. You code your homework in HTML and give your instructor the URL
5. You turn on your computer and turn off your wife.
6. You start saying L-O-L when with your friends.
7. You can’t remember the last time you wrote an entire paragraph using a pen and paper.
8. When you hear the word “spam,” you don’t think of food.
9. If you don't know who the 17th president was, but know every computer programming language there is.
10. You carry a flash drive in your purse or pocket.
11. If you're reading this article
How many hours do you spend on the internet a day?See results without voting
More by this Author
Blogging is something people do for fun. Some people even do it for some spare cash, possibly even for a living. I thought I would pick on some of those blogs that are very badly put together. I will criticize layout,...
No comments yet.