2011 Celebrity Dead Pool
The All New, All Year 2011 Celebrity Dead Pool Contest
Back by popular (not to mention morbid) demand, It is time for the Celebrity Dead Pool Contest 2011 edition. Our friend and fellow Hubber rockinjoe started this tradition in 2009. I continued it in 2010, at the behest of another dear friend and fellow Hubber extraordinaire ralwus.
If you have not participated in previous CDPCs: Similar to the Oscars, Golden Globes, Nobel Prize, Super Bowl, World Series or the Triple Crown, the Celebrity Dead Pool tests your predictive ability. Based on whatever criteria you wish, you pick the 10 world famous people who will die during the year 2011. It's that simple!
If you have participated in previous CDPCs: Go straight to the comments and enter your predictions. You might want to refresh yourself on the rules first (or not).
2010 CDPC Winners
Our first order of business is to announce the winners of the 2010 Celebrity Dead Pool:
girly_girl09 correctly predicted Senator Robert Byrd (92) 2.5 pts
livewithrichard correctly predicted Dennis Hopper (74) and Patrick Swayze (57) 5+5=10 pts.
alekhouse predicted Lena Horne (92) and Art Linkletter (97) 2.5 + 2.5 = 5 pts.
the rope correctly predicted Mitch Miller (99) and Peter Graves (83) 2.5 + 2.5 = 5 pts.
50 caliber correctly predicted Barbara Billingsley (94) 2.5 pts.
So unless someone really young (under 50) or many celebs die between now and midnight tomorrow night (December 31, 2010),
LIVEWITHRICHARD is our CDPC 2010 Grand Prize Winner!
Do my chosen celebrities need to die in the order I have chosen? No.That would be way too scary and would subject you to being banned from future participation.
May I assassinate my celebrities? No. It is illegal. You may face prosecution and will be disqualified and banned from any future Celebrity Dead Pool Contests.
My celebrity is on life support/in coma, brain dead, does that count? No! A Veterinarian, Doctor or Medical Examiner/Coroner must have certified any celebrity that is said to be dead. They must be verifiably DEAD to be eligible for points.
May I choose Hubbers for my list? No! we already told you that. Why are you so interested in offing your fellow Hubbers?
Do I have to predict how my celebrity will die? No. You may do so, but it will not add any points to your score. You may score unofficial humor points and possibly gain new followers, but is not a requirement of the CDPC.
May I list a celebrity that is already on someone else’s list? Certainly. As long as they are still alive at the time you list them on yours.
What can I win? Bragging rights as top Voodoo Priest/Priestess and the opportunity to run the 2012 CDPC.
What if all my choices win? Many others and I will run away from you and you will be banned from any and all future Pools.
Official Rules of the 2011 CDPC
Deadline: Unlike past years, we are not publishing a deadline. Since in reality we ended up doing this anyway, we will accept entries throughout the year. So enter early, enter often. Clog those hub lines with your votes!
1. No local celebrities, as it would be too difficult for the judges to verify. (Mayors, local TV personalities, ex-spouses, living spouses, annoying furniture/car salesmen, nosy neighbors or their pets, and certainly no mother-in-laws, unless of course they are famous).
2. Politicians on the state level or above are ok. If you're not sure if your chosen politician belongs on this list, check out the Politics Forum. If someone is being "discussed" in the Forum, the answer is very probably "yes."
3. Same goes for religious leaders, although most religious leaders discussed in the Religion Forum are already dead (or, as some esteemed hubbers would allege, mythical).
4 .No minors. By this we mean under 18 years of age or younger, not "D list" celebrities. Dying young is tragic enough.*Shudder.*
5. No Hubbers are allowed on the death watch list. No exceptions.This includes trolls and sock puppets.
6. No Hub Pages team members, either.
Summary of eligibility: Any person who is famous -- for anything, from anywhere in the world, and over 18 years of age-- as long as they are globally recognized.
Guinness Record holders are allowed as well, such as the tallest person.
How to Enter
1. Use the comments box to enter your ten (10) celebrities. You can list fewer than 10, but maximum 10 celebrity picks per entry.
2. Witty comments as to the manner of the celebrity's demise are optional, but of course make for more enjoyable reading.
3. You can enter as many times as you wish, up to 10 names per entry.
There is a weighting system, so pay attention and predict accordingly:
A person up to the age of 49 at time of death = 10 points
A person 50 years of age up to 80 years at time of death = 5 points
A person over the age of 80 years of age at time of death = 2.5 points
Celebrity Pets or other famous animals = 1 point each
Famous cartoon or fantasy characters = .5 point each
A Sample Entry
Migthy Mom CDPC Predictions EDITED 1/16/11
1. Dick Cheney --his non-heart will finally stop non-beating
2. Nancy Reagan -- bye, Mommy, Ronny's waiting in Heaven
3. Betty Ford -- born in 1918. God bless her and her rehab center!
4. Elizabeth Taylor -- white diamonds are forever, but Liz is on borrowed time
5. Andy Rooney -- and there won't be anything funny about it
6.Zsa Zsa Gabor -- A beautiful lady. Does not deserve to be in so much pain.
7. Charlie Sheen --out of decency they'll bury him in his Hanes so he's not nekked
8.Cloris Leachman --too much dancing with the stars for her age
9. Levi Johnson - Palin will have him permanently taken out of her way
10.Lindsay Lohan -- some people just don't get it.
Remember: Please use this format. Limit your list to 10 celebrities ONLY and please date your entry as well.
Gerry Rafferty dead at 63.
- Singer-songwriter Gerry Rafferty dies - UPI.com
Scottish singer-songwriter Gerry Rafferty died Tuesday at his Dorset, England, home following a long illness, his family said. He was 63.
One of Rafferty's 2 most famous songs
Sargent Shriver with son-in-law Ahnold
Sargent Shriver dies at 95
Alice In Chains Bassist Mike Starr at 44
- Mike Starr\'s Death Leaves Fans \'Heartbroken\' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV
Mike Starr's death leaves fans "heartbroken." "My heart goes out to everyone he left behind," one commenter wrote after ex-Alice in Chains bassist's death. "Addiction is very hard to kick."
Lovely Liz Taylor Dead at 79 3/23/11
- Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor dies at age 79 - The Washington Post
Actress Elizabeth Taylor, who became as famous for her marriages as her acting, has died. She was 79.
Betty Ford dies at 93
- Betty Ford dies at 93: Former first lady founded iconic clinic - The Washington Post
Betty Ford, who was first lady for 30 months and founded an iconic rehab clinic, dies at 93.
Amy Winehouse found dead at 27
Dr. of Death Jack Kevorkian at 83
Andy Rooney dead at 92
Harry Morgan at 96
Vaclev Havel Dead at 67
Kim Join Il Dead at 69
More by this Author
Ah, the hula. If you've ever been to Hawaii you have undoubtedly enjoyed the exotic, hip-swaying dance called "hula." Beautiful island women (and men) tell stories and "act out" the music through...
Lesser known but still great bands from the 80s. Some faded away with the decade. Others are still around and performing. All these 80s bands had an impact on my life. They represent no particular musical genre. Some...
Alcoholism is a disease and the alcoholic's actions make no sense. The people around the alcholic become sick also as codependents.This hub helps anyone living with or loving an actively drinking alcoholic or using...