23 Very Famous Celebrities That Do Yoga
They Do Yoga!
Famous Celebrities That Do Yoga
Many famous celebrities have recognized yoga as a powerful way to promote mental, physical and emotional health, resulting in a happier life. With yoga people have the choice to practice it for any purpose that they choose. Yoga is more popular in the U.S. now than in India.
In my other article about Celebrities That Do Meditation, I had to check thoroughly to verify the information since they do meditation in the privacy of their own homes. With yoga that is not needed since the celebrities usually go to classes to do yoga. I have been doing yoga since age 12. This was written in January 2012. To go back to other webpages, you can right click on the BACK button and then pick which webpage to go to.
1. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: It is easy to do a search to see that she does yoga. Also the Yoga Journal Jul-Aug 2001, says under Karma Credits:
To Hillary Clinton, who talked her husband Bill into going to a yoga class during law school 26 years ago. Comments former President Clinton: "I was the only man in the class for a long time, and it was really fun."
Former President Bill Clinton is now a vegan.
2. Gisele Bundchen: She is also in my other article on celebrities that do meditation. See that article for more on her. Also click on the link under her picture above to learn more about how she is a great role model. She said "I kept myself in good shape, eating healthily, meditating and doing exercises such as kung fu and yoga."
Kung fu is a martial art. Yoga, meditation and martial arts are closely associated. I started doing yoga at age 12. Also at that age I was also doing Chinese kenpo and tai chi. I started doing meditation at age 19. Although the last pose of yoga I was doing at age 12, was the corpse position that I would be in for around 20 minutes. So I did a meditation while doing that but it was not a sitting meditation. She tries to practice Anusara yoga every day. Also see 23 Celebrities That Have Practiced Martial Arts.
3. Katy Perry
4. L. A. Lakers: They practice yoga as a team a few times a week.
5. Jennifer Aniston: She has been practicing yoga for around 10 years. It has helped her with her breakup with ex-husband Brad Pitt. There is a video at the bottom of this article with Aniston and her yoga teacher. The teacher (guru) says that Aniston is better at the tree pose than she is!
6. Kate Beckinsale: She is the star of the Underworld movies about vampires and werewolves. When she was 5 years old, her father died of a heart attack. She said "I loathed being a teenager." She had a nervous breakdown and developed anorexia nervosa at the age of 15 and underwent Freudian psychoanalysis for four years.
She is 38 years old. Ask for her anti-aging secrets and she laughs. “Yoga, yoga, yoga. Plus, it just helps to grow up in England, where I think there have only been two sunny days my entire life.”
7. Madonna: She practices strenous Ashtanga yoga.
8. Drew Barrymore: She does power yoga.
9. Reese Witherspoon
10. Natalie Portman
11. Jessica Alba
12. Halle Berry
13. Megan Fox
14. Gwyneth Paltrow: She has had a private yoga studio built inside her London home. See the video with her at the bottom of this with her talking about a yoga teacher and about Ashtanga yoga.
15. Meg Ryan: She is very serious about yoga and even spent some time in Indian ashrams.
16. Heather Graham
17. Evander Hollyfield: He has been practicing for years and claims that it helps him concentrate and remain focused on his matches and daily life.
18. Hillary Duff
19. Cameron Diaz
20. Anna Kournikova
21. Lady Gaga
22. Kristen Davis: She used to teach yoga before becoming a famous actress. She was in Sex and the City .
23. Sting: He practices yoga with his wife. He said:
It’s reversing the aging process. I can do things with my body now that I wouldn’t even have thought of doing when I was an athlete, a teenager. So that keeps me going. This is something I want to keep doing.
People who do yoga (yogis and yoginis) use the health products of this company and some make money by letting others know about it. 2 Powerful Health Product Lines Become One.
Just added March 29, 2012-- Video of New York Giants doing yoga. See below. Book below by a medical doctor (Yoga as Medicine) has on the cover Dr Oz saying that they teach all of their patients yoga!
I have a 2014 article on yoga called Does Yoga Cause People to Look More Beautiful. Now this sounds like a shallow thing but it starts from there and goes on to deeper things. Yoga is great for anti-aging since it tones the endocrine system glands like sex glands, adrenal glands and the thyroid gland. These glands produce hormones that has an effect on aging.
This article also tells why I started doing yoga at age 12. It also explains that yoga was not originally created for women but women have made it a multi-billion dollar industry. One woman on this article says that yoga makes your hair and nails stronger. She has exceptionally beautiful hair.
Also it appears that aches and pains are normal when people get older. But the body has been designed to be stretched in different ways and if it is not stretched then it becomes stiff. Stretching is good for everyone, not just athletes. As people get older, they need it more.
This was just added November 2013. New article called Is the Key to Happiness Being in the Present Moment. This has information on this idea from Eckhart Tolle, Buddha, Jesus, the famous psychologist Abraham Maslow, Kahlil Gibran and others. As far as being in the future, Jesus said in Matthew 6:34 NIV (New International Version):
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
New York Giants Doing Yoga
Gwyneth Kate Paltrow about ashtanga yoga
Jennifer Aniston Yoga Secrets From Her Guru
More by this Author
There are great old TV series on Youtube that you can watch for free. This goes over some of those shows. Also has some free movies in HD on Youtube.
Russian Powerlifter Julia Vins is 20 years old and is 5'3". She won the 2014 World Powerlifting Championships in Moscow, Russia. She is trying to change the world
This tells about the many benefits of eating one meal a day like better health, losing weight and saving a lot of time. It also tells about Herschel Walker who has been doing this since age 18.