25 Rock Quotes from the Greatest Muscians of our Time
Music is many things. Music is personal. Music can inspire. Music can console. Music can uplift. Music is enlightening. Music is Powerful.
Music is honest.
25 Quotes from some of our most prolific and spiritually-healing musicians.
1. "Man, I was tame compared to what they do now." ~ Elvis Presley, 1972
2. "On stage I'd do anything." ~ Little Richard, 1980s
3. "I don't pay no attention to what critics say about me, the good or the bad. The toughest critic I got is myself.... and I'm too vain to play anything I think is bad." ~ Miles Davis, 1962
4. "My devotion to... social change... will go on until I fall into the grave." ~ Joan Baez, 1993
5. "Till death do us part." ~ George Harrison, 1964
6. "I never wanted to be a prophet or a savior." ~ Bob Dylan, 2004
7. "We won't let our music stand in the way of our visual act." ~ Pete Townshend, 1967
8. "I dreamed I had a halo" ~ Brian Wilson, 1990
9. "You can daydream with music.... it takes you away and creates a new world." ~ Tim Buckley, 1968
10. "My focus is always on 'Is this good enough?' Not 'Will it sell?' Always 'Is this good enough?'" ~ Eric Clapton, 2001
11. "The effect pop has on society is incredible. It's a powerful thing." ~ Pete Townshend, 1968
12. "Let me live my life the way I want to." ~ Jimi Hendrix, 1967
13. "I always believed that I had something important to say and I said it.... My God is rock 'n' roll." ~ Lou Reed, 1998
14. "It was a magical time, because I actually managed to turn my little juvenile fantasies into a way of life." Keith Richards, 1987
15. "I don't have control over what comes out of my pen." ~ David Crosby, 2004
16. "I had that audience where all I had to do was say, 'Take over!' and they would have." ~ Johnny Cash, 1988
17. "It's a very rough, very violent era. The Vietnam War. Violence on the screens, pillage and burning." ~ Mick Jagger, 1995
18. "It's very hard to live up to an image." ~ Elvis Presley, 1972
19. "In high school I was best in music class on the trumpet, but the prizes went to the boys with blue eyes. I made up my mind to outdo anybody white on my horn." ~ Miles Davis, 1962
20. "We used to believe we could change the world." ~ Graham Nash, 2002
21. "This country is frightening for the younger generation because it's at war." ~ Ozzy Osbourne, 1972
22. "We had all the fun, it almost killed us." ~ James Taylor, 2002
23. "Music is the union of two lovers: melody and rhythm. The melody is the woman, and the rhythm is the man." ~ Carlos Santana, 1994
24. "We've got to find the Lord... What other weapons have we to fight the forces of hatred and evil?" ~ Marvin Gaye, 1971
25. "Well, you make your own dream. That's The Beatles' story, isn't it?" ~ John Lennon, 1980
Source: 1001 Albums, you must hear before you die
More by this Author
We all have those moments.... when we feel a need to listen to a song that's melancholy and deeper than the usual tunes ruling the commercial airwaves. Songs that are haunting are always memorable. Some transport,...
Webster's Dictionary defines the word Insane to mean mentally disordered: exhibiting insanity. Feeling as though you'd like to pull the shades and shroud yourself in black? Are those voices arguing amongst themselves...
“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.” Kenneth Miller Joe Jackson ~ Steppin' Out Timeless, well-written and one of...