25 of my favourite musician quotes
1. Every city in the world always has a gang, a street gang, or the so-called outcasts. Jimi Hendrix
2. I was trying to do too many things at the same time, which is my nature. But I was enjoying it, and I still do enjoy it.
3. I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
4. If I'm free, it's because I'm always running. Jimi Hendrix
5. If it was up to me, there wouldn't be no such thing as the establishment. Jimi Hendrix
6. Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot. Bob Dylan
7. This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway. Bob Dylan
8. Don't matter how much money you got, there's only two kinds of people: there's saved people and there's lost people. Bob Dylan
9. Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny. Bob Marley
10. Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! Bob Marley
11. Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley
12. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
13. I started being really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't. Kurt Cobain
14. If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got. Kurt Cobain
15. I'm too busy acting like I'm not Naïve. I've seen it all, I was here first. Kurt Cobain
16. I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
17. I was looking for something a lot heavier, yet melodic at the same time. Something different from heavy metal, a different attitude. Kurt Cobain
18. Love is like a flower, give it time and it will grow. John Lennon
19. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace John Lennon
20. I opened the door for a lot of people, and they just ran through and left me holding the knob. Bo Diddley
Maynard James Keenan from Tool & A Perfect Circle
21. I think people in general have neglected to learn about history.
. Maynard Keenan
22. Because you might get something out of the music that you might not get from thinking about it, and watching the words go by. Maynard Keenan
23. If the education of our kids comes from radio, television, newspapers - if that's where they get most of their knowledge from, and not from the schools, then the powers that be are definitely in charge, because they own all those outlets Maynard Keenan
24. There`s a difference between being a poseur and being someone who`s so emotionally challenged they`re kind of just doing their best to show you what they`ve got
25. I like to make videos because I like to see visuals to our music, but the last video was just what our record label thought what was MTV wanted to see, and I will never ever ever do that again. Our label [Maverick] is really cool, they don't really tell us to do anything, but this last video we made they finally asked a favor of us, and it was a really one sided version of what we are all about. It was all this artsy, gay shit, and Im not really into that. Im more into the harsh, brash parts of life that are just reality. Im about to make a video myself and direct it for a song called "Around the Fur" it'll be just crazy, and MTV Im sure wont play it because you cant show that kind of stuff on TV.
Chino Moreno (Deftones)
So that's the end of my favourite quotes, I know there will be people saying, why's he included them and why hasn't he included these, but as the title says 'My favourite' that is what I have done. However I did try to include a variety of personalities and I think there is something here for everyone. Hope you enjoyed, feel to add your own in the comments section.
More by this Author
http://tinyurl.com/ygkmoo6 flickr Hi guys, Billy Joel fans and fellow harmonica players/learners, This is one song which I found particularly easy to pick up, its a great song and the Youtube video is also especially...
http://tinyurl.com/yace9np flickr 1. Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato 2. Music washes away from...
http://tinyurl.com/yftepen flickr 1. You look like a woman who has an expensive perfume named after her. It has to be called (pause) Incomparable. 2. I didn’t have any body piercing until just now. You pierced...