28 Reasons Why Country Music is Awesome!
Try It You Might Like It
Are you a fan of country music? If your response is "Heck no" I hope this article changes your mind. Please consider being open-minded when reading my reasons.
Some reasons might not make much sense unless you are familiar with country tunes, but I hope they tempt you to watch some of the videos I posted.
You just might enjoy an entire new genre of music and you might thank me one day. You might also never speak to me again, but that's OK, at least you tried to expand your music library.
You either like or dislike hillbilly hits. I suggest you give the country music of today a try. The twangy tunes have changed over the years. It's not as sad and depressing as you might believe. You might actually have a good time and want to consider jamming to it every day.
The old-time fans either aren't pleased with the change or they molded into the new country pop. I never had to mold because I easily feel in awe with modern country artists of today. I also appreciate the country music superstars of yesterday.
I enjoy the good ole tunes of the past, but I love the hits of the past 15 years more. My journey with being a fan of country music began with Tim McGraw. His songs roped me in. I was in the closet for a few years, but I eventually was brave enough to come out and say "I love country music!"
I have since convinced others to join me on the country music rodeo ride. I never looked back and neither have they. Trust me when I say I never thought some of my family and friends who now enjoy country music would ever, ever listen to it.
They realized that you could appreciate a multitude of musical tunes and experience a whole new world of musical talents.
If after you read my reasons you feel that I convinced you, please leave a YEE-HAW in the comment section below!
For now kick back and enjoy the ride.
28 Reasons to Love Country Music
- There are many ideas for the use of a red solo cup. Toby Keith shares some suggestions.
- When sung backwards everything you lost comes back. When sung forwards you get lost in the melody and never want the song to end.
- Plenty of ideas for activities on a rainy day. Or you could listen to many rainy day songs on a rainy day.
- You could get a buzz just from listening to the many country songs about alcohol, drinking and bar brawls.
- You burn calories from hootin', hollerin' and stompin'.
- Ideas for unique ways to dump your mate or reasons why you dumped your mate.
- If you are considering the purchase of a pick-up truck country music songs have many suggestions.
- You could learn how to be more patriotic and how to kick someone's ass who messes with the good ole US of A!
- Tips on Nascar, racing cars, hunting, fishing and tending to a farm.
- There are many suggestions on how you could tell your boss that he could take that job and shove it.
- Many suggestions for beach bums, such as toes in the water and country girls shaking it.
- Ideas on how to escape reality. We all need to escape once in a while.
- You could learn to count up to ten with Jose Cuervo.
- The songs remind us why we should appreciate family and friends. Also how to live like we were dying.
15. What to do when having issues with a cowboy casanova who is candy-coated misery! He messed with the wrong girl!
16. To be thankful for the small things in life such as where the green grass grows and where the blacktop ends.
17. Country music songs are stories that we could all relate to in one way or another. They could help guide us, offer comfort or give us the strength to move forward.
18. Makes us realize that Nashville, honky tonks and boondocks are places we all want to visit!
19. That you could look darn good in Frye boots, a Stetson hat and a pair of wranglers!
20. You could acquire some tips on how to ride and rope at a rodeo!
21. Could make you consider saving a horse and riding a cowboy!
22. Who would have thought a tractor and farm equipment would be considered sexy? Country music might make you think they are!
23. Cowboys are more than just a dude with a hat. They are hardworking, honest folk.
24. Who to consider putting in a song while driving in your car and turning it up loud!
25. Many ideas for summertime activities. Water, Ticks, Flowers are just some songs!
26. That you could be a black bird or a songbird, but you better believe "You Gonna Fly!
27. When you are ready to let go and pass the wheel to Jesus, these songs could offer guidance.
28. We could learn from a Wild One, such as a Mississippi girl when to breathe and when it's the right time for that kiss!
Keith Urban - You Gonna Fly!
Carrie Underwood - Jesus Take The Wheel
Faith Hill - Breathe
Tim McGraw - Live Like You Were Dying
Do you LOVE Country Music?See results without voting
Kenny Chesney - Reality
5 Sexy Country Music Songs
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
My fan letter to Blake Shelton. Country music singer and vocal coach of The Voice.
Hey y'all come on in and enjoy a Nashville experience as I introduce you to a talented musician that entertains country music fans on Broadway.
Have you ever received a letter from your Homeowners Association? The letter that notifies you that your lawn isn't green enough or that you left a tricycle on the porch? I have and I thought I'd write them a letter...