5 Reasons Why Naruto Manga Does NOT Inspire Anymore
The "Inspirational" Manga, Naruto
Naruto manga and anime are huge amongst anime and manga fans. It is popular amongst kids and teens, and even young adults throughout the world. The one thing that makes it so popular is the story that everyone can relate to one way or another, and also be inspired from. The author's imaginations were surreal when put into Naruto manga and episodes.
However, it has been 10 years since the first chapter of Naruto manga was first published in Japan. It has been 10 years Naruto has been inspiring kids and teens throughout the world, and many fans have felt that Naruto manga now isn't the same like it used to be 10 years ago. What Naruto did best was to inspire, however, as of now, Naruto manga has begun to sink. It no longer inspires its fans the way it used to.
These are the reasons why Naruto manga has stopped inspiring;
One of Naruto manga volumes cover
1. Naruto used to inspire without trying. Now it seems like it tries too hard "to inspire" out of something that is not inspiring at all, like begging Raikage to stop hunting for Sasuke because "he is my best 'BFF' friend".
2. Naruto used to have very strong side story that backs up every fight scene. This story, which usually synched together with corresponding fight scenes, usually is told as the fight itself goes on, and both ends together in a dramatic way that touches our heart, like Gaara/Naruto fight, Gaara/Lee fight, Sakura/Chiyo/Sasori fight. It can be said that almost all fights that took place in the manga was backed up with strong side story. This is not the case now. Everyone just go and fight, Kisame/Hachibi, Sasuke/Hachibi for instance.
3. Uzumaki Naruto, the character, used to be someone who keeps on moving forward no matter how hopeless it may seem. Now he seems like someone who lingers too much with what happened in his past. As Chris Gardner, the writer of the book and associate producer of the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" said, you have to come to terms with your past and face it, but if you cling too much to it, you'll lose the chance to move forward. Sasuke used to be like this. Sasuke rejected the chance to have a good life in Konoha because he couldn't forget about his past. But now the table has turned. Sasuke has moved on once Itachi died, but at the same time, Naruto couldn't even let go of his past with Sasuke and Team 7.
4. Uzumaki Naruto, the character, used to cry when he needed to, when the story required him to. And we, the readers usually cried along with him. Now, he cries all the time and all we do is roll our eyes.
5. Uzumaki Naruto used to be a little hero in our heart one way or another. Now, he's none other than a lame kid who whines too much, cries too much, and bended on his knees until his face reaches the ground to ask someone to forgive his best "BFF" friend Sasuke.
Naruto Merchandise You'll Love
If you are new to Naruto, my advice is to just read or watch Naruto Part 1 and enjoy those good moments when Naruto was an interesting, genuine manga and anime.
If you used to follow Naruto manga and anime religiously like me, probably you agree that Naruto Part 1 BEFORE Shippuuden is still THE best. I don't mind reading or watching Naruto before Shippuuden over and over again. In fact, I think Naruto manga Part 1 (before Shippuuden) is the only part worth collecting for people like us.
Got something to say? Leave your comment below!
Similar Naruto Manga Discussion:
- Naruto Manga Sucks Now? Is Naruto Losing Its Momentum?
Do you think Naruto sucks? Is it the manga after Part 1? Is it the anime itself, Naruto Shippuuden? Or could we just blame it all on Masashi Kishimoto?
More by this Author
Uchiha Madara's New Mask! By now we all already know that the "Uchiha Madara" aka Tobi that used to lead the Akatsuki is actually NOT the real "Uchiha Madara". This is because the real Uchiha Madara...
Shounen is a Japanese word that could translate to "young boy", referring to boys of the age 15 and below. Though generally the word "shounen" originally means "few years" and can refer to...
We all feel like giving up sometimes, at one point or another in our lives. It's tough when life pushes you to the edge and the whole world seems to be going against you. It's harder when you're all alone and there's no...