5 of my favorite inspirational movies
With the daily responsibilities and worries that many of us come across in our daily lives we all can use a dose of inspiration every now and than. More then ever, today, people are getting better at staying away from toxic things and people in order to get the best out of life. We are doing things that are healthy for us and that inspire us to do better. One sure way to get inspired is to tune in to an inspirational film. In my opinion there are times where nothing beats turning the light low getting under our comfy blanket and watching a good uplifting inspirational movie. You know the kind; the ones that after we are done watching make us feel as if there is not anything we can’t do.
1. Rocky- It is hard to come by an adult these days that hasn’t seen this movie. This film was written by Sylvester Stallone, he also played the main character. A rags to riches story about the American dream of a uneducated, good hearted man who gets a chance to be the next heavyweight championship boxer. This film was made on a very small budget of $1.1million; it was also made in just twenty eight days. It became the highest grossing film of 1976 in the United States, won three Oscars including best picture. This film paved the way for stallone’s film career and today it is known as one of the most phenomenal movies ever made.
2. The Shawshank Redemption- This remarkable 1994 film stars Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. It is about a man Andy (Tim Robbins) who is sentenced to a state prison for murdering his wife and lover. During his incarceration he develops a friendship with fellow inmate Red (Morgan Freeman). During Andy’s incarceration he encounters many hardships, while all along planning his escape in order to prove his innocence. This film is wonderfully written and the acting superb. In spite of the fact that most of it takes place in a prison, it will bring a good warm fuzzy feeling to your heart.
3. Forrest Gump- This film is directed by Robert Zemeckis and stars Tom Hanks. It is the story about a humble man with little intelligence from Alabama and his encounters with different people in his life during historical events. It became one of the top grossing films of 1994 and earned about $677 million. It deservingly earned many film awards. Starts off with a man Forrest Gump who sits at a bus stop and begins to tell his story to a woman sitting next to him. The movie involves several aspects of his life such as his romantic relationship with the love of his life, his experience in the Vietnam War, his sportsmanship with ping pong, his ability to be a fast runner and earn a football scholarship, his meeting with the president and many more adventures. Along with it being a truly inspirational movie, it is also a touching film that will make you want to watch it more than once.
4. A Beautiful Mind- This film is based on the life of Nobel Prize winner John Forbes Nash. Directed by Ron Howard and starting Russell Crowe as John Forbes. A Beautiful Mind won four academy awards. It is a story about a man whom is brilliant in mathematics and suffers from schizophrenia. The movie details the experiences and desperation John Forbes wife has during his bizarre behaviors and how he is later sent to a psychiatric facility. The movie involves him getting insulin shock therapy for his schizophrenia and shows the struggles of dealing with this kind of mental illness. Eventually John Forbes receives recognition for his mathematic achievements and wins the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics. This movie will make you go WOW! It is a perfect demonstration on how you can endure above and beyond and succeed.
5. Elizabeth- A 1998 film based on Queen Elizabeth I of England. Directed by Shekhar Kapur and starting Cate Blanchet. This movie shows Queen Elizabeth in a romantic relationship with the Earl of Leicester and the circumstances she faces as the queen that the people of England frown upon. Queen Elizabeth has to deal with conspiracies for her murder and the lack of respect others have for her as queen. In order for the Queen to secure her throne it is suggested for her to marry. Queen Elizabeth has a complete transformation, manages to clean up her reputation and earn respect. She becomes a queen who rules and a Queen who dominates the men around her. I thought this movie was spectacular, one of my favorites, a powerful example on how you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it and make a choice to change.
- Check out these inspirational gift items
- Here are some tips to help when you are overwhelmed
- Different ways to relax and rejuvenate
- List of my five favorite suspense/drama films
More by this Author
- 17How to get a life of your own seperate from your relationship with your partner, spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend
Do you think you may be losing yourself in your relationship? Are you more concerned about your partner’s life than you are about yours? Constantly worrying about their thoughts, whereabouts and what makes them...