A Few Words From Charlie Chaplin
A Few Words From Charlie Chaplin
Charlie Chaplin's main message comes from an indefatigable energy and spirit. In your darkest hour find that spark of light. Through the tears find a glint of a smile. Be that friend who can stretch out your hand. In all his skits on the silent screen we see that when we fail and fall flat on our face, the only thing we can do is get up and brush our selves off and try again.
His words will live on forever. Michael Jackson, enamored with the eternal spirit, sang through the pain. We listen and learn. We need leaders who can encourage us to create a much, much better world. We question this day whether we have changed at all. Are we any better now than when he gave his words to the world?
- Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. ~ Charlie Chaplin
- Read his biography. From an early age, left to fend for himself, he had to pull himself up with his bootstraps. With admiration for his mother, who inspired him, he dealt with her mental illness in a most positive way. Living through a conflicting marriage, he became a film producer, musician, singer, lyricist, philosopher, theatrical innovator, and star comedian.
- The video shown here refers to a mystery about what appears to be a person holding something to her ear and talking, as if she has a cell phone. This puzzle about using a futuristic communication device has not truly been solved.
Getting Up When You Are Down
The Time Traveler Question
Making The World A Little Better
Charlie Chaplin was as in touch with people's pain and their desire for a better world and a better life. The way to cope and overcome this pain through laughter provides a view of the other side of this pain.
A person could fall and stay down in the pit of depression and hurt. Or, they could find the way back up. Charlie talked about helping out those who were down. In showing himself in positions of falling, faltering and failing he demonstrated how to get up. Sure, it hurts. Definitely we feel pain. As humans we need others to communicate how hard life can be when things go wrong. When the unexpected turns our life upside down. Take time this day to help a friend or stranger.
- A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
How Do You Look At Yourself?
What is it about that ducky walk, baggy attire, top hat and mustache? Unafraid to look foolish, in a position of weakness, his wordless gestures expressed to others how pointless life would be if we wallowed in our own failings, if our perspective of self came from the outside. When a person fears only what others think of them, and not hearing, seeing the true self and the inner strength that brought them to life in the first place, they will not have the wherewithal to get out of that rut.
My friend Ashantina has written about her friend who committed suicide a number of years ago. Her words expressed the pain, hurt and helplessness felt not just by the one who takes his or her own life, but the ones who remain in a state of shock and despair.
Chariles method to lift out of that desperate place was the use of laughter, which Normon Cousins used fully to recover from cancer. That's why we might help ourselves by making a point of finding the humor in the world around us.
- All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl. ~ Charlie Chaplin
We All Live The Part Of An Actor In Theater
Three Ingredients For Every Recipe
Charlie created a formula to making people laugh. Finding a kind of recipe for success for a storyline with the combination of ingredients. A setting and two actors makes the scene. The relationship of the two actors provides the two perspectives on life. By his words, failure and success play a major role in his message. Life's ups and downs, whatever storms may befall you, he finds a way out of the low points. With our every day weather reports, natural disasters, and battles between cultures and countries we need to utilize his recipe for laughter.
Inevitably, everyone will get into some kind of hardship in their lifetime. Whether getting bullied as a kid in school, not making the grade or landing a job, getting into an accident or losing the ability to function, epitomized and symbolized by the need for a cane, Charlie found a way to make light of the situation. He wanted to say that whatever we go through can be equalized, and appear as normal parts of everyday life, rather than extremely out of the ordinary. Basically, normalizing human travails, and still taking each person's hardship seriously.
- All my pictures are built around the idea of getting in trouble and so giving me the chance to be desperately serious in my attempt to appear as a normal little gentleman. ~Charlie Chaplin
Making Light Of A Poor Situation
What Is The Worst Emotion?
The lowest point of apathy, indifference and depression leads to an inability to connect with others. Charlie shakes us from the collective helplessness in the way he overcomes obstacles. He wakes us from the narcotic slumber, the pain relieving opiate of the masses. He puts on a mask, a smile, an outward appearance to pull us out of indifference.
If he can do it, then we can do it. The Nike saying, "Just do it!" tells us that action moves us from stagnation. Humor as a form of resistance to tyranny gets people to look at serious issues.
- Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Sweep Away Your Hardships and Tears
The Road From Slavery To Freedom
Freedom, another theme for Charlie, played o the large screen. Living during World War II, he played upon the symbols, images and personalities of his time. Hitler's domination over a people and the idea that other's could follow such a ruthless leader created a conflict in his mind. We celebrate at this season the Passover exodus of the Jewish people from slavery to freedom. This passageway and initiation of a people to be connected to serve a higher purpose, resonates in Charlie's artwork as a comedian.
- Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Do You Have The Power To Speak?
Mass Mentality Can Be Murderous
The problem with man when they get swept away in a mass crowd is they lose their individuality. They lose their ability to think and make a clear headed decision about that outcome of their actions. They become enslaved from their animal desires. On the one hand, the unity and power of people going through a revolution based upon their individual desires for freedom can result in a change of government. We watch these struggles unfold today. On the other hand, when a powerful leader who reaches to enslave others for the sake of more self serving riches and domination creates mass hysteria based upon fear, the outcome can be devastating. We do not want history to repeat itself.
- Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded. ~ Charlie Chaplin
A Rainy Scene Hides The Tears
Can Humor Truly Heal?
Many people who survived the holocaust used the power of laughter to keep their spirits above the dank darkness, humiliation, pain, suffering and ugliness of what humans are capable of inflicting upon others.
Humor can be a temporary panacea, but true happiness and laughter comes with freedom to live and move about with others in a society based upon respect, not domination. Sure, comedy makes light of the pain, but does it remove it? I believe Charlie's struggle to relieve the pain came from his empathic nature, his ability to connect and feel the pain of those around him. He used his artistry to relieve suffering and make a statement on life.
- Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain. ~ Charlie Chaplin
A Take on Charlie Chaplin ~ In The Style Of
When You Feel Powerless, You Must Create Your Own Power
Charlie Chaplin must have been in touch with the immortal human spirit. With a long range vision that all shall pass with time, he continued his work believing that mankind would conquer the worst evils.
Mashable picks up the trending topics, tells us when a revolution brews and headlines the latest news. On this day, in honor of Charlie Chaplin, we can view a 'take on Charlie' to showcase Google, the masses method of communication, news media outlet and social networking.
USA Today | TecnologyLive Presents "Google Celebrates Charlie Chaplin's Birthday With An Animated Doodle" as shown here published on Tax Day. Chaplin's birthday is April 16th.
- The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Charlie The Super Man
Message For The Younger Generations
We celebrate Charlie Chaplin, his spirit, his work, his art and his glory. His words shall ring out and reach the ears and hearts of this and future generations. Someone will pick it up and share with others. His goal to reach the masses and teach the masses about the power of empathy, sympathy, giving a smile and marching to the beat of your own drum will live on.
He symbolized freedom, liberty, and the unlimited capacity of mankind to do better, help each other through painful situations and go from darkness to light.
- That is why, no matter how desperate the predicament is, I am always very much in earnest about clutching my cane, straightening my derby hat and fixing my tie, even though I have just landed on my head. ~Charlie Chaplin
Are you old enough to be familiar with the life, times and work of Charlie Chaplin?See results without voting
Learn More About Charlie Chaplin
- Charlie Chaplin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Everything Wikipedia about Charlie Chaplin's Life and Times
- Charlie Chaplin : Official Website
The Official Charlie Chaplin Website with videos, biography, marketplace and more.
- Google Celebrates Charlie Chaplin's Birthday with an Animated Doodle
Google is celebrating Charlie Chaplins 122th birthday with a special animated Doodle that is actually a short movie in Chaplins style.
- HOLLYWOODLAND Blog Archive Charlie Chaplin Film Set?
The mystery of Chaplins French Movie Set with comments from people who lived in the neighborhood.
- A Tribute to Charlie Chaplin
Hubpages Charlie Chaplin Tribute
- Great Gifts - Charlie Chaplin's Legacy - Smile & Peace - Guiding Light to Love Others
Charlie Chaplin was much more than a comedian, he was a composer and a fighter for freedom. His life left a lasting impression upon actors around the world - and rightfully so. Charlie was an innovator. He created comedy. The writer of one of the
- Charlie Chaplin and Me - Birthday Thoughts
Today is my birthday. I share my birthday with Charlie Chaplin. I am 38. He is dead. Charlie died 6 years after my birth, at the age of 88,...
Comments 18 comments
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
More by this Author
The Piano animated short has music that carries you away.
You won't want to miss this CLASSIC Animated Movie Short. It tells a story.
Oral mouth cancer incidence keeps rising. Learn about warning symptoms, testing and homeopathic remedies. Educational blog.