All-Time Horrible Ideas for Sitcoms
- My Mother the Martian: space aliens take up residence in rural Mississippi. The father teaches at the local community college, the mother works at Subway, the oldest child is a backup linebacker on the High School football team and the twins are in elementary school. Hilarity ensues.
- Kia Nights: a college professor with dual PhDs in chemistry and Nuclear Physics gets burned out and takes a job selling used cars in Silicon Valley. Hilarity ensues.
- Fight at the Museum: a second-rate professional boxer moves into a sublet apartment above a natural history museum and takes a job as the night curator. Hilarity ensures.
- Sting of Queens: a family of itinerant beekeepers sets up shop on an inner-city rooftop in New York. Painful hilarity ensues.
- What I Spike about You: Two sisters move out west and get jobs working on the railroad all the live-long day. Hilarity ensues.
- Star Floors: intergalactic handy-men use strange mystic powers to remodel kitchens of the rich and famous. Hilarity ensues.
- Rome Improvement: neo-classic iconoclastic crime scene investigators find hilarity ensuing beneath the Colosseum.
- Stillmore Girls: friends and family engage in witty repartee about nothing and everything. Absolutely No hilarity ensures.
- Half and a Half Men: polar opposite brothers open a coffee shop and raise a young boy in the barista life. Hilarity ensues.
- Accordions to Jim: a strangely uninteresting family with no redeeming social or psychological qualities finds relief from their tedium by forming a polka band. Hilarity makes a valiant stand, but fails to ensue.
- Louisiana Atlanta: with the support of
his family, a tax accountant maintains a secret hidden life as an
actuary. Hilarity keels over from boredom.
More by this Author
Data Hiding is an aspect of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) that allows developers to protect private data and hide implementation details. In this tutorial we examine basic data hiding techniques in Java.
Ever been to a NASCAR race? I thought not. Here are my top 10 reasons why NASCAR racing doesn't rock.
Churning round and round in the basement, the washing machine usually spends its' useful life as an unappreciated member of the appliance family...