Beached Az Bro
Beached Az is a story of Beached Whale with a strongly stereotypical New Zealand accent that has gone from Internet viral phenomenon to ABC TV series and merchandising gold mine. Although originally made by three Australians as a joke about dodgy Kiwi accents this simple story and artwork has gone on to be a huge success.
The series has grown from the initial meeting of the Beached Whale and his mate a Seagull and their inane conversation centering on "I'm Beached Bro, I'm Beached Az" and the discussion that Whales can't choo and so can't eat "Chups", to being an ongoing saga involving the friends random meetings with a Baby Whale that only "Swums in fufteen munute untervals", to a dead "Stungray" that they serenade, and a Squid who is happy thats he's bait until he's told "Baits not good Bro".
The success of the series relies heavily on Australian amusement with the Kiwi accent and may well escape the people from the rest of the world.
The Original Beached Az Video
The Beached Az Series So Far
- Episode 1 - Beached Whale - After waking up on the shores of a New Zealand beach and realising he's "Beached Az", the Whale encounters a Seagull who has trouble comprehending why whales can't eat "chups" and can only eat "Plinkton".
- Episode 2 - The Snail - Awoken by something tickling him, the Whale meets an overly excited and constantly amazed Snail who is leaving the sea in fear of salt and is in search of a garden, to be told by the whale "I'm not bug on land".
- Episode 3 - The Baby Whale - The Seagull and the Whale are confused when a Baby Whale intentionally swims ashore to avoid his skin going "wrunkly".
- Episode 4 - The Squid - The Seagull finds a bucket for the Whale only to discover a Squid who is extremely relaxed about being bait inhabits it.
- Episode 5 - The Stingray - The whale meets a "Stungray" who fails to move, "Hey Stungray Bro you seem sad", they then serenade him to try and make him feel better.
- Episode 6 - The Duck - A duck takes some baby ducks for an excursion and assume that the whale is "Deed" they end up thinking they're in the trap of a firebreathing dragon.
- Episode 7 - The Turtle - The Beached Whale comes across a Turtle who swum on shore intentionally to try and lay an "igg".
- Episode 8 - The Bluebottle - The Whale sees a beached or possibly dead "muni jillyfush" the Seagull checks whether its alive by giving it "kuck" only to get stung.
- Episode 9 - The Starfish - The Seagull brings the Beached Whale a "starfush" for lunch. The Whale refuses as it doesnt look like a "fush", the Starfish begs not to be "nubbled".
- Episode 10 - The Crab - The Whale is amazed by the size of the Crab’s giant claw which turns out to be a sensitive topic as the Crab thinks the claw is his girlfriend.
Beached Az Episode 2 The Snail
Beached Az Episode 3 The Baby Whale
Beached Az Episode 4 The Squid
Beached Az Episode 5 The Stingray
Beached Az Episode 6 The Duck
Beached Az Episode 7 The Turtle
Beached Az Episode 8 The Bluebottle
Beached Az Episode 9 The Starfish
No comments yet.