Best Indie/Rock Songs special someone to dedicate to your.. Part II
Finally... I decided to continue this hub since I receieved such positive feedback from the first hub :) This list is a bit different, I chose to incorporate not only songs about love but about heartache as well. It's a mix of alternative, emo, rock, whatever. I tried to avoid using the same artist/band more than once but I couldn't help myself. And as always, comments and suggestions are always appreciated! These are some of my faves, hope you enjoy!
- Muse- Endlessly: "Hopelessly I'll love you endlessly, Hopelessly I'll give you everything
But I won't give you up, I won't let you down, and I won't leave you falling, If the moment ever comes."
- Jimmy Eat World- 23: "No one else will know these lonely dreams, No one else will know that part of me, I'm still driving away and I'm sorry every day, I won't always love these selfish things.."
- Death Cab for Cutie- A Lack of Color: "All the girls in every girlie magazine, Can't make me feel any less alone, I'm reaching for the phone to call at 7:03 on your machine I slur a plea for you to come home.."
- Saves the Day- Freakish: "Well here I am. I don't know how to say this,The only thing I know is awkward silence, Your eyelids close when you're around me to shut me out."
- The Spill Canvas- This Is For Keeps:" Eternity will never be enough for me
and eternally we'll live our infallible love, Follow me into the sea we'll drown together and immortalize you and me.."
- The Spill Canvas- Lullaby: "While you were sleeping I figured out everything, I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.Now I feel your name, coursing through my veins."
- Vedera- (Formerly Veda) Moments Rewound: "'Cause when you're not breathing
I beg for one more breath with you, When you're silent I hang on to every word
And there are no regrets with this love.."
- Adam Ant- Wonderful: "Did I tell you you're wonderful? I miss you. Yes, I do. Did I tell you that I was wrong? I was wrong, cause you're wonderful yeah.."
- Jeff Buckley- Last Goodbye: "This is our last goodbye I hate to feel the love between us die
But it's over, Just hear this and then i'll go, You gave me more to live for, more than you'll ever know"
- Mazzy Star- Halal: "Surely don't stay long I'm missing you now, It's like I told you
I'm over you somehow, Before I close the door I need to hear you say goodbye.."
- Ride- Vapour Trail: "First you look so strong,Then you fade away.The sun will blind my eyes,I love you anyway.."
- Bic Runga- When I See You Smile: "When I see you smile, it feels like I'm falling, It's not for anyone else to know, the way your face could light the bitter dark of every street in every town I'll ever go.."
- Bic Runga- Sway: "Sometimes, when you and I collide I fall into an ocean of you, pull me out in time don't let me drown, let me down, I say it's all because of you.
And here I go, losing my control I'm practicing your name so I can say it to your face.."
- Our Lady Peace- Not Enough: "There's nothing left to prove, there's nothing I won't do, there's nothing like the pain I feel for you. Nothing left to hide, nothing left to feel, I am always here."
- Imogen Heap- Goodnight and Go: "Why do you have to be so cute? It's impossible to ignore you. Why must you make me laugh so much? It's bad enough we get along so well."
- Switchfoot- Your Love Is A Song: "Your love is a symphony all around me, running through me, ooh your love is a melody underneath me, running to me.."
- Vedera- Still Standing: "And breathe into me the air you say you're not polluting. And flatter me: tell me I am beautiful, That i'm the only one you care for. And make me believe that all your good intentions were heartsent.."
- City and Colour- Constant Knot: "So stay the night, I promise I won't bite. Cause without you there I don't think that I could close my eyes.."
- One Republic- Come Home: "Come home cause I've been waiting for you for so long, for so long, and right now there's a war between the vanities but all I see is you and me. The fight for you is all I've ever known.."
- Lifehouse- Blind: "After all this time, I never thought we'd be here, never thought we'd be here when my love for you was blind, but I couldn't make you see it, couldn't make you see it that I loved you more than you'll ever know.."
- Story of the Year- Holding On To You: "I remain without a chance to say to you that every word I said was true, I lie awake all night just staring back at you.."
- Lights- Drive My Soul: "You make the darkness disappear, I feel found when you are near, I know where I am when you are here, my way becomes so clear.."
- Dishwalla- Every Little Thing: "I want you to believe in life, but I get the strangest feeling that you've gone away, will you find out who you are too late to change? I wish I could be every little thing you wanted all the time. I wish I could be every little thing you wanted all the time, sometimes.."
- Green River Ordinance- Endlessly: "She is the days I can't get over, she is the nights that I call home, endlessly for you I'll always wait."
- Rosi Golan- Come Around: "So high tonight, and I don't feel like coming down, I could lie to you all of my days, but you're the one, you're the one, and I am a fool for waiting so long to let you know.."
- A Fine Frenzy- Almost Lover: "We walked along a crowded street, you took my hand and danced with me in the shade, and when you left you kissed my lips, you told me you would never forget these images.."
- Flyleaf- All Around Me: "My hands are searching for you, my arms are outstretched towards you, I feel you on my fingertips, my tongue dances behind my lips for you.."
- Staind- Tangled Up In You: "You're the light that helps me find my way, you're the words when I have nothing to say, and in this world where nothing else is true, Here I am still tangled up in you.."
- Tiger Army- Through the Darkness: "And in the darkest hour of night, moments before sleep comes and dreams come into sight, just know that you are on my mind. Through the darkness my love shines.."
- Dashboard Confessional- As Lovers Go: "For so long I thought I was asylum bound but just seeing you makes me think twice, and being with you here makes me sane I fear that I'll go crazy if you leave my side.."
More by this Author
Recently I've come across something that just.. frustrates me!. People sleeping with an individual of the same sex secretly and still denying that they are homosexual. I don't get it! As a lesbian woman, I find it a bit...
For all of you emo/indie loving music fanatics.. Or just.. you people in general.. haha I've compiled a list of the best rock, alternative, and indie love songs. "Endless Love" and "Truly, Madly,...