"Disco" The French Movie
Disco, the Film
"Disco" a French Comedy
"Disco" a French film reviving the ‘70s is coming out this week in French cinemas. A logical choice of era for a film considering that in a 2008 list of the 20 preferred albums by the French public, almost half of the albums belonged to the 70s and 80s.
During its first week, the movie earned 1 150 000 entries, placing itself number one at the French box office.
Disco: The Trailer
The plot of the film is very simple, bordering on parody. The hero, Didier Travolta, played by the French actor Franck Dubosc, is ready to revive his old dancing trio to earn some money to keep custody of his son. Somewhere between Saturday Night Fever and The full Monty.
Disco has Franck Dubosc as "Didier Travolta" in the main role. I absolutely love him. If you live in the UK you have probably seen him on "Coronation Street" where he played a French lover during 1991. In 2002 Franck Dubosc is elected revelation of the year at the festival Juste pour rire at Montreal (Quebec).
You can also see Gérard Depardieu as Jean-François Civette - aka. 'Jean-François Jackson', claiming to be a former drummer of the Martin Circus band.
The soundtrack to the film contains a cover version of the Bee Gees' "Night Fever" performed by Australian singer and songwriter Tina Arena.
Other hits of the soundtrack of the film includes: "Blame It On The Boogie", by The Jacksons ; "September", remix by French Christophe Willem. Gloria Gaynor: "First be a woman" and "Never can say goodbye". "Supernature" by Cerrone, "I'm so excited", "Boogie wonderland"; and of course it couldn't be absent "It's raining men", the original version by The weather Girls.
So, are the seventies fashionable again?
Last year the 70s trend was confirmed with the success of Mika with his ‘70s inspired wardrobe and looks. He has absorbed the Disco influence and come out with music which appeals to new audiences. People like to dance, and Disco music was all about dancing and feeling free. That is why even now it is still so appealing.
The Seventies influence has also taken over the fashion shows in France. You can see strass and sequins everywhere from haute couture to high street shops. There is a marked nostalgia with the abundance of accessories from the 70s.
The French Christophe Willem and his September Remix
Saturday Night Fever
The 20 Preferred Albums by the French.
Did you ever wonder what the French listen to on the radios? According to a survey by a TV show last month, the 20 albums preferred by the French public, from the least to the most popular, are:
20) Inventaire (2007) by Christophe Willem
19) Mon Paradis (2007) by Christophe Mae
18) Hotel California (1976) by The Eagles
17) The Joshua Tree (1987) by U2
16) Saturday Night Fever (1977) by Bee Gees
15) Notre Dame de Paris (1998) A musical Comedy.
14) Life in Cartoon Motion (2007) by Mika
13) Sang pour Sang (1999) by Johnny Hallyday
12) Thriller (1982) by Michael Jackson
11) Charango (2006) by Yannick Noah 10) Caravanne (2005) by Raphael
9) Entre gris Claire et gris fonce (1987) by Jean Jacques Goldman
8) The dark side of the Moon (1973) by Pink Floyd
7) Sergeant Pepper (1967) by The Beatles
6) Legend (1984) by Bob Marley and the Wailers
5) Samedi Soir sur la Terre (1994) by Francis Cabrel
4) Alors Regard (1989) by Patrick Bruel
3) La Voix de un Ange (2007) by Gregory Lemarchal
2) The Wall (1979) by Pink Floyd
1) Sauver L'Amour (1985) by Baniel Belavoine.
Disappointed or surprised?
Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall
More by this Author
Funny sexy quotes. Great quotes About self assured women. Silly questions and sexy quotes.
spanish movies with english subtitles. Some of my favourite Spanish films, directed by Pedro Almodovar available in Spanish with English subtitles.
Make a dramatic impression with these jeans that fit. Whether it is skinny, super chic, minimalistic or very ornate, here are some tips to find plus size jeans that fit and flatter your figure.