Eric Church - Random Fun Facts
Eric Church the Chief of Country Music
Eric Church isn't your ordinary country music singer. Since he began his Nashville journey in 2005, Eric Church carved out a genre of music that suits him. Is he a little bit of country or a little bit of rock and roll? He's both and he excels in both genres. Outlaw country is what he does best.
There was actually a period of time when Eric Church was banned from country salons because he seemed to be too much of a rebel. He claims he always felt like an outsider, like he never really fit in. Mr. Misunderstood, I understand.
Due to his life experiences, Eric Church has created quite a career of awesome music and quite a following of fans!
If you haven't heard of Eric Church yet, you are about to learn about a multi talented artist. Not only has he been writing music since he acquired his first guitar at age 13, but he also gives a performance that will leave an everlasting memory.
Random Fun Facts - Eric Church
- Born on May 3, 1977 which makes Eric Church a Taurus, the bull, which suggests a willful individual with meaningful strength and stamina. Ain't that the truth!
- Birth name is Kenneth Eric Church.
- Born in Granite, North Carolina.
- Has two younger siblings. Brandon and Kendra.
- Eric Church's second grade teacher, Miss Abernathy, told the media that his favorite song to sing while he was in her class was, Elvira.
- His songs, like most country songs, tell stories. He writes from the heart.
- Has a college degree in marketing from Appalachian University. His dad told him if he graduated college that he would pay his living expenses for one year when he moved to Nashville. Both men stuck to the deal.
- Was in a cover band while in college named, Mountain Boys.
- Wanted to play college football, but a bum knee prevented that from happening.
More Random Fun Facts about Eric Church
- He loves whiskey. Jack Daniels has created custom made bottles for him. There have been empty autographed bottles sold on eBay! That is quite a collectible item for a Eric Church fan!
- One of his first jobs was working on a Golf Range and collecting golf balls from slimy water that was 4 feet deep!
- He answered telephones for the Home Shopping Network.
- Was fired from a tour by Rascal Flatts because he overplayed the time for his opening act and the extra time was costing the tour money! He just couldn't stop playing! He was replaced on the tour with Taylor Swift.
- In 2008 he married Katherine Blasingame, who at the time worked for a publishing company that pitched songs to artists.
- They have two sons. Boone and Tennessee (Hawk).
And More Random Facts about the Chief
- How did his nickname Chief originate? He is known for wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. His friends began calling him, Chief.
In addition his maternal grandpa who was Chief of Police in Granite Falls, NC was also nicknamed, Chief! Eric Church is only to be called, Chief on the road, never at home.
- Why does the Chief wear sunglasses while performing? Due to his height of 6'2, the lighting could fry his contacts, so "save the contacts and wear shades!"
- He is a fan of his mom's cooking, but his favorite dessert she makes is banana pudding. He revealed the secret as to why his mom's recipe is the best...she mixes sour cream with the cool whip. (I intend to try this, Thanks, Eric!)
- Eric is a quiet family man who appreciates his privacy. (So maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the pudding secret!)
Raise 'Em Up - Keith Urban and Eric Church
Albums by Eric Church
- Sinners Like Me 2006
- Carolina 2009
- Chief 2011
- Caught In the Act 2013 (Live Album)
- Outsiders 2014
- Mr. Misunderstood 2015
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
Country Music Awards Won
2011 - Top New Solo Vocalist. "Chief" won album of the year.
2012 - Song of the year for Springsteen. "Chief" once again won album of the year. In addition won a Vocal Event of the Year and Collaborative Event of the Year for the song, "The Only Way I Know," along with Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan.
2014 - "Outsiders" won Favorite Country Album. Eric Church received the ACM Jim Reeves International Award which is given to an artist for outstanding contributions to the acceptance of country music throughout the world.
2015 - Musical Event of the Year for Raise 'Em Up a duet with Keith Urban.
Eric Church - Drink In My Hand
Sunshine's Random Facts...
I collect my random facts from research on the internet.
As we all know if the internet says it's true, then it must be! Ha! All joking aside, I only use reliable sources and would not add a fact unless there was truth to it. Such as interviews by the artist, family members or friends.
My random facts articles are all in fun. They are my way of exposing one of my favorite country music artists to those who do not know the artist or do know the artist and want to learn more facts.
If for some reason you are reading this and disagree with a fact, please let me know.
Eric Church - Mr. Misunderstood
- Chief Cares - Eric Church
Chief Cares is a charitable fund which is organized by Eric and Katherine Church. Discover how you could help their cause by visiting their website.
Are you a fan of Eric Church?See results without voting
Keith Urban - Random Fun Facts
- Keith Urban - Random Fun Facts
As a Keith Urban fanatic I thought it would be interesting to see how many random facts I could find on the web and in my head about KU. Join me in discovering some facts about this "Thunder From Down Under"...
© 2016 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
Kick back and enjoy the Nashville experience as I introduce you to some talented musicians that entertain patrons on Broadway...
I present to you 28 reasons to love country music. You might already be a fan, considering being a fan or detest the tunes. Either way I hope you consider my reasons.
We love and cherish our mothers. We wish they would live forever, but the day comes when we must say goodbye and that day will forever be etched in our minds. At least this is my story...