How to Burn Calories
Would'nt LIFE be wonderful and ideal if everything would work OUR way? Just imagine IF
- People who love watching television could sit in front of the Idiot box and not worry about their weight.
- Dedicated hubbers/writers could sit and pen down their thoughts and visions into numerous hubs and not worry a cent about the baggage they are carrying.
Weight is an issue that we all face since, health is wealth and if our weight is under control then chances are that our metabolism will work properly and we could attain good health.
Our relationship with the weighing scale will not be strained.
- Our Relationship of Weight with Scale..
With holidays around the corner and with constant woes of our weight and dis-agreeing with the numbers on the weighing scale. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Choice is ours to make! This hub takes us into the depth of it where the end produc
Looking on the brighter side, we could still be fit by following the below regime and continue doing our favorite thing.
Let's start our regime while sitting down..
Start your warm up by breathing in deep from your nose. Hold the breath. Exhale from your mouth.
Do the above 10-15 times.
You will notice that your body has warmed up considerably. Now, let's go to stretching our body while sitting either in front of the TV or computer.
- Move your neck in a clockwise motion and anti-clock wise motion--10 times EACH
- Shrug both your shoulders and move it in clockwise and anti-clock wise motion--10 times EACH
- Move your wrists in clockwise and anticlockwise direction--10 times each.
- Open and close the fingers of your hands 10 times.
- Close and open your eyes wide open--10 times
- Stretch all the facial muscles by twisting and opening your mouth wide--10 times
- Your Pelvic muscles need work since, it helps support the organs and your back and abdominal muscles. Do the kegel exercise by squeezing the muscles of the pelvic as if you were going to stop the flow of urine when you go to the bathroom. Do this 10 times.
- Stretch for your upper and lower back. Sitting straight on the chair look around your left shoulder and keep that stance till the count of 10. Repeat this 5 times.
- Repeat the above by looking around your right shoulder and keeping that stance till the count of 10. Repeat this 5 times.
- Lift your leg and stretch your calf muscles by pulling in your foot and pushing it out..Repeat the above for both legs and do it 10 times EACH.
- Bend your left leg and bring your right leg over it and keep that leg straight. Keep pushing your right leg towards your left hip. You will feel the stretch in the groin area and also around the hip area. Stay in that position for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Repeat the above with your right leg bent and follow the above stretch.
- Move your ankles in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction 10 times EACH.
Music in the background for stretching and soothing
The above warmups and stretches IF done by a 120 pound person for 30 minutes while sitting and also typing could burn upto 150 calories.
Now, we could take a break of 30 minutes and go jog around the block which will burn more calories or do the above stretches, which is a complete physical exercise.
Either way, we will lose calories!
More by this Author
This hub talks about the significance of the above date when a couple met and departed. Should we talk about the significance of the date or is it just plain old karma?
All writers have a style that they either adapt or prefer while penning down words. This hub will give you an insight into the 'style' of writing as it narrates a tale to keep the reader engrossed.
Cricket is gaining popularity and is a team sport. It is ideal for children aged 5 and above to learn this game which will help develop their mind, body and spirit.