Famous Movie Homes For Sale: Home Alone & Ferris Bueller
The House Used in the Movie Home Alone
Want to build your own "Home Alone" house?
The "Home Alone" house captured the hearts of many movie-lovers. And residential designer Brandon Smith of Southgate Designs, LLC even offers a pre-design of an modernized version of the "Home Alone" house.
View the McAllister house plans and learn how to order them by visiting Southgate Residential.
Collectors of movie memorabilia may be interested in knowing that a couple homes with starring roles in famous movies are up for sale. These finds may cost you between one and two million though.
The Home Alone House - You remember the one - A big stately red brick Georgian that Kevin McAllister tirelessly tries to rid of pesky house burglars after finding himself left home alone while his family vacationed in Paris for Christmas. The late John Hughes, director of Home Alone, lived much of his life in Chicago's North Shore where this home can be found just a couple blocks from Lake Michigan. His films often used homes, buildings, and local references from the north shore area which was influential in his film making.
- Listed with Coldwell Banker for $2,175,000, as of this writing
- Located at 671 Lincoln St., Winnetka, IL
- 4,243 square feet
- Fictional home of the McAllister family in Home Alone starring Macaulay Culkin as Kevin McAllister
- Contact Marissa /Coldwell Banker 847.681.4145
Ferrari House used in the Movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Glass House in Ferris Bueller's Day Off - The famous Ferrari scene in the steel and glass garage overlooking the wooded ravine came within the last few minutes of the 1986 John Hughes movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. After taking his father's beloved 1961 Ferrari for a day's adventure with Ferris, Cameron, the best friend of Ferris, returns it home safe to the glass garage and attempts to set the mileage back. As Cameron has a meltdown, the two boys watch helplessly as the Ferrari crashes through the glass. Like the Home Alone house, this home is also located in the north shore suburbs of Chicago.
- Originally listed for $2.3 million in 2009 and lowered to $1.65 million in 1/2011
- Temporarily taken off the market 7/2011 for renovations (expected to be back on market 8/2011)
- Located at 370 Beech St., Highland Park, IL
- 5,300 square feet
- Fictional home of Cameron Frye in the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off starring Matthew Broderick as Ferris.
- Designed by architects A. James Speyer and David Haid
- Contact Meladee Hughes/Coldwell Banker 312.751.9100
Other Ferris Bueller Links of Interest
- The Ferris Bueller Chicago Tour
Recreate Ferris Bueller's famous day off for yourself! Take in some of Chicago's most well-known sights.
More by this Author
How much herniated disc surgery costs depends on the exact type of surgery being done. A real life example of microdiscectomy cost is shown.
Learn how to make your own outdoor movie screen and enjoy your backyard movie theater with friends and family.
My son's story of how back pain and leg pain from a herniated disc led to a microdiscectomy to remove disc material pressing on a nerve root. Recovery time is also discussed.