Filipino kiddie stars
James "Bimby" Yap Jr.
- Bimby is President Benigno ‘Noynoy’ Aquino III nephew.
- He’s also called Baby James and son of professional basketball player James Yap of B-Meg Llamados and popular TV personality Kris Aquino.
- Born on April 19, 2007 Bimby’s star started to shine while doing print and television commercials with his mother.
- He got involved at such a young age in politics when by slip of the tongue, he mentioned the name Manny Villar instead of his uncle, Noynoy Aquino. This incident which happened in May 2010 while in the midst of a campaign caught the public’s eye and added luster to his name.
- Zaijian Jaranilla is fondly called Santino or Enzo. Born in Manila on August 23, 2001,
- Santino is currently living with his father, Zenon, his grandmother and 2 younger siblings. In TV, he has starred in about 16 teleseryes starting in Goin’ Bulilit in 2008 up to 2012’s Lorenzo’s Time, casted in the films RPG Metanoia in 2010 and Pak! Pak! May Dr. Kwak!
- In 2011 both of Star Cinema. He has won awards, 3 in 2009 namely, PMPC Star Awards for Television, Anak TV Seal Award, and ASAP Pop Viewer’s Choice Awards and 2 in 2010, the 8th Gawad Tanglaw and the 6th USTv Awards. ABS-CBN’s TV series May Bukas Pa in 2009 followed by TV commercials catapulted him to fame as Santino.
- He was discovered at age 5 and began commercial modeling for McDonald’s Lactum and Tide.
- Jillian Ward was born on February 23, 2005 in Manila to a mother who’s 1/3 American, 1/3 Mexican and 1/3 Filipina.
- She first appeared in a commercial for the product Promil.
- She is best known for playing the role of Gertrudis ‘Trudis’ Capili in GMA-7’s remake of the classic Trudis Liit which formerly was portrayed by the young Vilma Santos.
- Before the show, she got juicy roles in TV and print advertisements and was ‘Daldakina’ in The Last Prince.
- From 2010 to 2012, she has starred in 15 TV series, playing various roles under GMA and TV5 networks and has been
- casted in 5 films under Regal, GMA and VIVA films.
- Born on January 27, 2004 in Rizal, Philippines to Michael John and Dianne Manabat,
- Xyriel Anne Bustamante Manabat placed 3rd runner up when she joined Star Circle Quest:Search for the Next Kiddie Idol in 2009. It was her starting point as she was hired to play roles one after the other on numerous TV shows.
- Fortunately, her portrayal of Agua and Bendita which captured the hearts of viewers for nearly 2 months, catapulted her to popularity.
- Xyriel had her own fantasy-drama TV series called Momay which run in 2010. Created by Elena M. Patron and directed by Darnel Joy R. Villafor and Emmanuel “Manny” Q. Palo, Xyriel depicts Momay as the little girl who has resurrected from the dead to provide protection to her family.
- Also a TV show Noah which includes the talented Xyriel followed after Momay. During the 36th Metro Manila Film Festival on December 26, 2010, she got lucky to bag the Best Child Actress title for her splendid portrayal of her role in the film Ang Tanging Ina Mo.
- So far she’s credited to have starred in 30 TV shows from I love Betty La Fea as Young Marcela in 2009 to the 2012 Wansapanataym: Magic Shoes as Bechay all of Abs-Cbn Network, and
- 4 movies from 2010 to 2012.
- She has won 7 of the 11 award contests she entered into.
- 7-year old Nicky Castro started as a stage actor of PETA (Philippine Educational Theater Association). In PETA he starred in 12 stage plays, with the latest play entitled ‘Rated PG’.
- He can sing and act well.
- During tapings, his father usually accompanied him as chaperon in lieu of his mother who’s a busy working as bank manager.
- Together with Jennylyn Mercado and Mark Anthony Fernandez, the child actor Castro is casted in “Little Star”, a GMA-7 drama series as Diego a singing sensation whose rendition of songs touches the lives of people around him.
- Nicky Castro’s talent was discovered by Joe Barrameda.
Cha Cha Canete
- Born in Manila, Philippines on October 6, 2004, Tricia Louise Cañete is better known as Cha Cha or Bulilit.
- She is a popular child star and singer in the country today. Discovered by Erik Matti in a coffee shop at age 4, Cha Cha began as a commercial model for Camella Homes.
- However, prior to this, she was already doing regular roles for ABS-CBN Goin’ Bulilit during Sundays.
- As a Bulilit rockstar singer, Cha-Cha’s music video ‘Bakit O Bakit’ will be heard for the first time on national TV.
- Currently, she’s doing active roles in 4 TV shows under ABS-CBN and Studio 23 networks.
- In 2010 she did 3 films under 3 different roles and producers.
- In music, she has released her First Album: Bulilit Rockstar and Music Video for Bakit O Bakit.
- Robert "Buboy" Villar was born on August 17, 1999 in Quezon City, Philippines.
- He first appeared under ABS-CBN’s Little Big Star when he emerged Season 2 winner in the contest hosted by Sarah Geronimo in 2006.
- He’s a member of Mak and the Dudes, the youngest boy band in the country.
- Under GMA-7, Villar was cast in GMA-7 primetime series Zorro as Pepe who plays as Richard Gutierez’ sidekick.
- After Zorro comes Darna where Villar plays the role as Ding with Marian Rivera in the lead role.
- He has appeared in 21 TV shows playing different personalities under ABS-CBN and GMA-7 networks from year 2006 to present,
- and in 6 movies since 2008.
- He has won Best Child Performer for Shake, Rattle and Roll x award in 2008 during the 34th Metro Manila Film Festival and
- Best Child Performer for Ang Panday in 2009 dring the 35th MMFF.
Mika Dela Cruz
- Mariko Nicolette E. Dela Cruz is best known as Mika Dela Cruz who was born on December 9, 1998 in Tokyo, Japan to a Filipino father Ernie Dela Cruz and an Austrian mother Angelika Egger.
- Mika is Actress Angelika de la Cruz younger sister.
- Her 2 older brothers Erick and Edward are dead victims of vehicular accident.
- She finished her grades at La Cabecera de Montessori in Malabon City.and will begin high school life at St. Mary's Academy of Caloocan City.
- She has starred in 13 TV shows from 2007 up,
- 4 films from 2007 to 2011 under different roles.
- She was awarded the following: Best Supporting Actress Gawad Pasado 2010, Best Child Actress, PMPC Star Awards For Movies 2010, and Best Promising Child Drama Actress Dangal ng Pilipinas Award 2009.
- Kyle Balili is the singing voice behind the theme of ABS-CBN new TV series May Bukas Pa which starred Zaijian Jaranilla.
- He was overwhelmed with happiness over the success of May Bukas Pa.
- With Micah Torre , Balili sang the theme song for the soap opera “Calla Lily” which starred Robert Villar as Berto.
- He bagged the 3rd honors during the Little Big Star GrandFinals.
- He’s also a good performer aside from belting songs. He was cast in TV shows like Sana Maulit Muli,Prinsea ng Banyera,I love Betty La Fea and Parekoy.
- He was given a role in the movie Supahpapalicious with fellow child star Boboy Villar.
- Kyle Balili’s birthday falls on the 23rd day of June.
- Aaron Junatas popularity started in the Star Circle Kid Quest where he was a questor and won 3rd place in said contest.
- Later he was given a supporting role as Mokong in the fantaserye “Krystala”, a TV series with Judy Ann Santos in the starring role .
- He’s a star in the weekly sitcom My Juan and Only.
- He appeared as Ryan in Mga Anghel na Walang Langit, as Badong in De Adventures of Pedro Penduko and as Kirra in Runin.
- At present he is a regular cast of Goin' Bulilit.
- His birthday falls on the 24th of June.
More by this Author
Apl De Ap is a Filipino who broke the limelight together with the Black-eyed Peas through hip-hop and break dancing. They've produced top records.
Midget Filipino entertainers DAGUL & WENG WENG must inspire others. Despite limitations, they were able to attain success. Hard work and determination are keys that have propelled them to success.
Basic information about pinworms, hookworms, threadworms and tapeworms. How to avoid them. Medicine for treatment.