Gloom, Despair and Agony On Me
Gloom, Despair , and Agony On Me
Gloom, Despair, and Agony on me,
Deep dark depression excessive misery,
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all,
Gloom, despair, and agony on me.
Everytime I think of Hee Haw I think of this song. I can picture in my mind the hound dog looks on all of the cast members faces. This was one of the more memorable moments for me of the popular variety show Hee Haw that was oh, so popular for a little over 20 years. This show first aired on CBS-TV in 1969 and was popular there until 1971 when it began to be shown in local syndication across the country. It was so popular that it ran in syndication for 18 years. It has been said that this has been the most popular county type show ever. It's combined country music and country humor took place in a place called Kornfield County.
Some of the Hee Haw Cast
- Buck Owens - co-host When Buck Owens was came to Hee Haw he brought his band "The Buckaroos". He was most well known for his part in the segments of: Pickin' and Grinnin', Knock, Knock and Ask Buck.
- Roy Clark - co-host Roy Clark is best remembered for his part in: Hee Haw Gospel Quartet, Hee Haw Coyboy Quartet, and singing the Banjo songs with the cast.
- Cathy Baker - cute little blond usually dressed in overall. She delivered Hee Haw's closing line: "That's all!".
- Archie Campbell - most well known for his skits playing a gregarious barber telling tales to a shop full of customers, the quack doctor, and the gavel-pounding judge.
- Junior Samples - he was always dreesed in overall, told goofy jokes but was best know for Samples Used Cars ads, the phone number - BR549.
- Marianne Gorden - she played a Southern Belle who fanned herself coyly while she told stories about he fictitious daddy, The Colonel.
- Don Harron - he played the announcer for the radio station KORN, He told his drool, toungue-in-cheek stories about the residents of Kornfield Kounty.
- Gunnilla Hutton - she was the curvy Swedish blonde "Nurse Goodbody". She was the quack doctor nurse who spent most of her time bein leered at by the doctor.
- Grandpa Jones - he's most famous for his "Hey Grandpa What's for supper" skits. The audience who shout out the question and he would stop cleaning a non-existing window pane to share the menu using rhyme and verse. If it was an attempting array Southern food everyone who call out "Yum, yum. If it was csomething that sounded not quite so appetising they would shout out "yuk". He also did the "Cookie Spot" with Minnie Pearl.
- Minnie Pearl - She was one of the most popular characters on Hee Haw. On every episode she wore an old-fashioned filly dress and a hat decorated with flowers and a $1.98 price tag hanging from the hat. Her most popular sksits were: Turkey Stop Recipes, Kornfile Kounty Post Office, and the General Store.
- The Buckaroos - I have to mention the Buckaroos, they were Buck Owens band. They did a lot of singing on Hee Haw and were very popular with the audience. The beginning members consisted of: Don Rick, Doyle Holly, Jerry Wiggins and Jay Dee Maness.
Another Classic Hee Haw Song
Where oh where are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over and thought I found true love,
But you met another and PTHHP! you was gone.
Yhis song was song, I believe on just about every episode. They had several diffent parts to the song that they mixed around and used on different episodes. I am only adding one of them.
You took off you false teeth, you wig and your glasses,
You were just scattered all over the place.
I wanted to kiss you and hug you so tightly,
I guess that I would have if I found your face.
Just another example of the type of humor you found on this show.
- Hee Haw TV Showcase for Country Music and Humor with...
Hee Haw was a Take off of the Rowan and Martin Show of the 1960's. It seemed to last longer than theirs.It is based on corney, country humor and country music with a very tqanlented crew.
- Hee Haw
Hee Haw aired for more than 20 years from 1969 to 1992. Roy Clark and Buck Owens hosted the country music variety show until Buck left in 1986. The show was built around rural humor, live country music performers, and the Hee Haw Honeys. Most...
- The Hee Haw Honeys
Most people are familiar with the variety show Hee Haw that ran from 1969 to 1992. In 1978, a spin-off of the show was created, featuring some of the bit players on the popular series. The show? The Hee Haw Honeys. The series was set in a...
- Roy Clark - Country Guitar Legend
When you hear the name Roy Clark, you probably think of the TV show Hee Haw. However, if you look beyond that show, you will find that Roy can play just about anything with strings. Roy is a legend in country music, a television personality and...
More by this Author
Every color has it's own special meaning. Have you ever wondered what makes a hospital paint their walls a cool green? Read and find out.
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.
Have you ever tried the Amish friendship cake starter? If you haven't you are in for a treat. This started makes the moistest, flavorful cake you'll ever have.