Harry Potter Movie Trivia
Now that the Harry Potter films have come to an end there is quite a bit of information regarding movie bloopers, movie trivia and quizzes. The information is rather overwhelming and I've provided a list (based by movie) that will make you watch your favorite Harry Potter films closer.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone
- If you look at the portraits on the shifting staircase you will clearly see a picture of Anne Boleyn-- she was condemned as a witch.
- The Quidditch trophy that has Harry's fathers name on it also has two other names: M. McGonogall and R.J.H. King (this refers to John King the supervising art director.)
- In the Gryffindor common area there's a picture of Voldermort in the bottom right hand corner.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Marauder's Map- When you see it for the first time you will see the name "Newt Scamander." He actually wrote the book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." (Not a professor at Hogwarts.)
- When Harry is given the map the name "Moony" appears but is misspelled. It's spelled as "Mooney" which happens to be the name of a visual effects supervisor Karl Mooney and was purposefully placed there as an inside-joke.
- When the wanted poster for Sirius Black appears the symbols translate to "More or Less Human."
Other Harry Potter Hubs
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Right before Fred and George enter their names into the goblet you see Hermoine reading a book. The title isn't clear, however, the cover features the harlequin pattern of the U.K. editions of the HP novels.
- There is a scene with Dumbledore, the Pensive and Harry. Dumbledore approaches a cabinet and in the top left corner there is a model of something that becomes an important symbol in the final novel (didn't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen the last film).
- Originally there was supposed to be a scene with Dobby and Winky. It was cut, however, watch the first campsite scene very closely. Right after Ginny yells "Look!" you can see the elves riding llamas.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- There is a breakfast scene in the Great Hall. Boxes of cereal are displayed with the names "Pixie-Puffs" and "Cheeri-Owls." The design of the boxes are very similar to Sugar Puffs and Cheerios.
- Sirius Black joins Harry in the room containing the Black family tree. In the lower of the door you'll see a Starbucks logo. The logo is changed to fit the décor.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- When J.K. Rowling read through the script she noticed a line where Dumbledore mentions he had a crush on a girl. At that point she let the writers know that Dumbledore was in fact, gay. The information was eventually made public when promoting the final book.
- Robert Knox plays Marcus Belby was tragically stabbed to death days after filming had wrapped.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Parts one and two)
- Forty versions of Slytherin's locket were created for the scenes in which Harry and Ron try to destroy it.
- When Ollivander appears in the movie it had been nine years since audiences last saw him-- and eight years for Doby.
- When Harry enters the Room of Requirement (part 2) look in the bottom left hand corner. There's the knight that Ron rides in Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.
More by this Author
Everything you need to know about McDonald's popular sweepstakes, Monopoly. Will you be playing this year?
Remember the Spice Girls? Find out what your favorite one is doing today!
Starbucks is probably one of the most difficult places to decide on an order. This information may help your decision making process go a little smoother!