I WAS TAKING "SELFIES" WHEN MILEY WAS THE SIZE OF HER TONGUE IN HER MOM'S BELLY!
SELFIE BEFORE ANYONE KNEW WHAT IT WAS, MILEY WAS NOT EVEN CONCEIVED FOR THIS SHOT!
EVEN MEL BROOKS WAS INTO MY SELFIE!
DAVID CARRADINE LOVED SELFIES BACK IN 1983!
THERE WAS AN INTERNET IN 1984 WHEN MILEY CYRUS WAS JUST A LITTLE SPERMY THING!
- I've been taking "Selfies" Since Miley was the size of her tongue in her mom's belly! I have been on the Net in general since "1984" (YES, 1984) when a chemist (my next door neighbor back in 1983) had it in his living room and he was the first to let me in on it.They had computers then? YES.
- I was working off an Amiga 500, or Commodore 64. My chemist pal had a MAC, the first type. It looked like a toaster. And when you chatted with others, it was like the wild wild west where it was a free for all!
- When the normal flow of people discovered what was going on with this new technology, it started to explode. I remember all the computer "IT" guys losing their jobs in the late 1980's when they were getting caught masturbating to the chats of thousands of women. I knew one named Joe when I was working at The Hollywood Reporter in the early 1990's. Poor Joe just got carried away and worked nights and found that 1,000 people chat and growing, so he grew and grew and one day someone saw him and told (not me, I had already been fired).
- It was one big chat with everyone and anyone, When I think back to those days, the beginning of the Internet, when they were actually calling it the "Super Highway!" I loved the freedom of talking to and getting feedback from.people I did not know and there were literally thousands of whomevers out there, maybe more. I was one of the first people to get AOL, Yahoo, Juno when it was free, Facebook and Google+ and more.
Back then it was not about Photoshop! It was about reality games on the net in 1984, chatting and posting little tiny sites on the Kennedy Clan or movies of interest at Blockbuster, very simple coding, just a blip.on the Internet's Super Highway. Certainly not like it is today, by no means.
No posting, no AOL, no yahoo, AND NO GOOGLE! Just this big arena until someone got the idea to start to regulate. By the end 1991 things were changing and lots of stuff was starting to come up on the net I knew since 1984. No one even knew the slang "OMG" "LMAO" "WTF"! At that time no one could have have ever dreamed it would go this far. I've had the same Yahoo account since I started it in 1995!.
But getting back to the early days of 1984: My favorite game was called Crystal Quest, where you actually saw others in simple black and white cartoons on the screen and you tried to kill thema nd take their crystals. I was always trying to make them my friends, but my chemist buddy said, "Leslie, you are so weird, that's not how it works!" It was basic, but it was computer reality and people took it pretty seriously.
Then there was a game called Rector, a reality online game that asked you questions and then predicted your future. I found it in a user group (very crude and basic) but something very new that I'd ever experienced back then. Simply the game would load up and then start to ask you basic, almost nonsense questions then predict stuff in your life.
And my ever favorite game Pirates where you're a captain of a ship long before Johnny Depp was finishing up 21 Jump Street (It was still on back then). Wow, Who knew!? I got very good at it. The disk it ran on was square, small and certainly years away from the DVD. One of the first plastic disks, before the larger "floppies" came into being.
I do have them on my old hard drive NEC, stored or frozen in time, but I've been afraid to even try to get it going. That computer has not been fired up since I was married 12 years ago.
Then about 2005 my childhood friend got on Amazing Race and slapped his Playboy centerfold wife in the face in Berlin, Germany for stopping and making them lose. I helped him by creating blogs and leading others on the net to it.
I went on all the sites for Amazing Race and did my thing and I was labeled a TROLL! They knew it was Leslie Siegel at email@example.com. LOL, it was so easy back then. It's harder now. Why? Because people finally caught up about how it was done. And they realized they could either do it themselves or get it done by hiring big companies, thinking it would be even better, since I charged so little back then. But with all snarky comments they gave me and all the hoopla surrounding it, they still couldn't figure out how I was doing it!
After that what happened was the net started getting clogged with garbage, even though I could seemingly still make all my clients show up! To this day, most clients still come up and requires no fine tuning.
Oh, but who back then could forget the wild west days when you could get away with just about anything, say anything, be anybody, just about everything, but not crime, just fun and games and no bullying either. People would e so nice if I had a fight with my boyfriend and I was chatting about him. I had this way of making the whole room turn and talk to me on the computer's 1000 Plus users.
They were exciting times. I knew it was something special, I felt like I was one of the first nobodies to be on there. They used it at first as a missing persons database, the FBI, so they say, I think.
Other uses to store data in html coding. Then the City of Los Angeles,Air Quality Control Company utilized it for their staff, which made for easy access to computers and equipment to test the air. The chemist, who was quickly became my friend, seemed to have endless access and monies to editing rooms, so we mixed video with the medium, and I knew I was sitting on something I would need the right people to see. Unfortunately, the ones I showed were NOT the right people. My fault. But I knew. Just amazing days. I was there, so I know.
Then about 2007, I was hired by a man to do many projects from real estate to helping clients get seen on the net. Things like EBAY, AOL and even horse racing was growing and I had my own business license for it all.
People took interest. Some good and a lot of bad. One DJ interviewed me on BlogRadio and made me sound like a crazy nut. I was so embarrassed. What a crap shoot, he was jealous and didn't understand. I wrote them and made him say "SORRY". But it was weak.
When again about 1 year later my childhood friend and his Playboy centerfold wife got on The Joe Rogan Fear Factor Show and my friend ended up in a big fight and punched Joe in the face and ran away wife in tow.
He contracted me again and I raised thousands of people to his site. By then there were mediums to use. Social Media was just sort of being born, even Twitter was like what kind of bird is that? Later on he went to Big Brother and of course I was labeled a TROLL and they knew who I was, who else, right: That infamous Leslie Siegel at firstname.lastname@example.org. LOL, it was so easy back then. It's hard now.
- The hardest part was the negative bullies that appeared, even bullies that picked on me in high school, and even one bully from New York City tough public school PS 167, who had become some gay icon or art thing in San Francisco. I emailed him shots of him in 7th grade and he freaked out and blocked me. Couldn't handle it.
- But, it was so addictive, seeing your work showing in engines, as engines were created, bought out and buffed up. It was a great thing and at the time I made money, had fun and was also pretty dumb with that power of the electronic blog pen. I did bad, I did good, I did ugly. All I can ask for is peace, happiness and forgiveness from my family. Ahhh, maybe one day, and I'll just wait an see what what the next big thing is.ow could you leave such a good thing?
More by this Author
- 0Would a Sequel To The Blockbuster hit "Titanic" Starring Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet Be Worth Doing?
A sequel to Titanic? Just to clear up any loose ends between Jack & Rose? Jack dies, Rose moves on. What if he didn't die? Where would a sequel to Titanic take us? Could it be done?
Do Austrian man have more hair than most other nationalities? Donald Trump is an example, as well as my father and male siblings. Is it just a hairy gene thing? Read on, find out, leave a comment.
I will call myself out and even admit that I am at risk of becoming bitter because I am often resentful. Why? I really thought I would become "more" in my lifetime and I am now in my mid-Fifties livin
No comments yet.