27 Interesting Facts About Mandy Moore
1. Mandy Moore born on 10 April, 1984 in Nashua, New Hampshire.
2. Mandy's mother Stacy Friedman is half Jewish and half English and she worked as news reporter in Orlando Sentinel.
3. Her father Donald Moore is a commercial pilot working for American Airlines and he is of Irish and Cherokee descent.
4. She has two brothers Scott and Kyle and they all grew up in Longwood, Florida.
5. She was raised as Catholic Roman and also sent to Catholic schools for her studies, though she is not pratising Catholic Romanism anymore.
6. Mandy Moore started her singing career at the very young age. But she gained popularity while her year long tour with Backstreet Boys in 1999..
7. Mandy Moore's debut album So Real was released in December 1999, and was platinum hit in the US.
8. Moore's second album I Wanna Be with You was another commercial hit and certified Gold in the US. I Wanna Be with You reached to 21 spot in the US Billboard 200 and album's title song was also featured in the movie Center Stage (2000).
9. During 2000 summers, Moore appeared on MTV's half an hour talk show, The Mandy Moore Show, which was renamed to Mandy a year after.
10. Mandy was first seen in the Anne Hathaway starrer "the Princess Dairies" (2001) as popular cheerleader Lana Thomas. But her first acting role was in the children's movie Magic Al and the Mind Factory (Filmed 1998) where she played Brittany Foster.
11. Moore's first major breakout movie was "A Walk to Remember" based on the Nicholas Sparks of same title, established her as lead Actor.
12. She has voiceover in several animation super hits as Nita in Brother Bear 2(2006) and Princess Rapunzel in Tangled (2010).
13. Mandy first voiceover was in the Dr. Dolittle 2 as the Gear Bear Club and played a small mean girl role in the Princess Diaries.
14. Moore's favorite musician includes Sir Elton John, Switchfoot, Weezer, and Bette Midler. Midler is also her favorite actress too.
15. Moore launched her third album; self titled Mandy Moore in June 2001, which was debuted on Billboards 200 at number 35. Album was certified Gold with more than 443,000 copies sold.
16. Moore released her fourth and most successful and critically acclaimed album Coverage in October 2003 which was peeked to number 14 in Billboards 200.
17. Moore also started her own fashion label Mblem in 2005 but sadly Mblem was shut in Feb, 2009 due to some unknown reasons.
18. In 2006, during a radio interview Moore joked over her first two album and promised to refund the money if she able to do so.
19. Moore has played several guest roles in many popular television shows like The Simpsons (2005), Entourage (2005) and How I met your Mother (2007).
20. Mandy is great animal lover and she has 2 teacup Yorkshire Terriers, 3 tabby cats and also a dog named after singer Joni Mitchell.
21. She was ranked #20 in the AIM's '100 Celebs Under 25 (2009), #75, Maxim's 'Hot 100' (2008) and at various position in several list compiled by top magazines and websites.
22. Moore is great fan of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and used to attend UFC events very often.
23. Moore's cover of "I Feel the Earth Move" appeared on Love Rocks, a compilation music CD from gay rights supporters (2004).
24. In November 2004, due to creative difference between Mandy and her label, a split was announced. But there was two compilation albums The Best of Mandy Moore and Candy were released afterward.
25. She released her fifth album Wild Hope on June 19, 2007, and includes collaborations with artists Chantal Kreviazuk, Rachael Yamagata, Lori McKenna and The Weepies. Album debuted at #30 in the US Billboards.
26. Moore got engaged to Ryan Adams on Feb 11, 2009 and the couple got married on March 10, 2009.
27. For all Mandy fans, In an interview, she said she is working on her upcoming album and may release the album in 2011.
Related Hub By the Hemu
More by this Author
101 Things To When No Electricity I really amused, when people say oh no i was having so much fun and what power off! But if you look back in your childhood, you might be more happier person than now. You wait for...
1. Shut Up 2. Shush 3. I will give ten dollars keep quiet 4. Is there any point for this? 5. Is there any mental asylum 6. I am sorry I asked you 7. Okay I get it 8. OMG! Stop Taking! 9. I hope you get...