Interesting Facts About The Movie Tron
The Movie Tron
The article provides the most significant information including facts and a synopsis for the movie Tron (also known as Tron I). The movie is one of the Walt Disney Production films. It is an American action film that was made in the science fiction genre in 1982. Steven Lisberger wrote and directed the movie Tron.
Tron Trailer 1982
Synopsis- Spoiler Alert!
Jeff Bridges stars as a hacker Kevin Flynn. Other main characters are: Cindy Morgan as Dr. Lora Baines andBruce Boxleitner as Alan Bradley and Tron. The main action takes place in the electronic / software world model that is created in the film. The visual imagery of the movie is performed in its own individual style. As it has become one of the most adorable movies of youth and kids several video games and a sequel film were produced latter on. The director himself got deeply impressed by computer games that sprang by late 1970s and first ideas and images of the movie Tron started to develop in his imagination.
The plot of the movie Tron begins with a talented programmer Flynn developing software games in the ENCOM IT company. One day his colleague (Ed Dillinger) plays a trick on him and neutralizing Flynn in the system presents Flynn’s developed games as his own products. Flynn watches Dillinger promoted. Being demoted, Flynn makes attempts to break into the company’s database MCP to get facts on Dillinger’s scams. The latter having noticed Flynn’s intentions blocks him and (by mistake) also another programmer - Alan Bradley off the system. Soon the guys find out that Dillinger develops a special security system “Tron” to realize the global communication monitoring involving MCP. Tron aims to hack the Pentagon and military departments IT systems. Shortly Flynn, Alan and (his girlfriend) Lora Baines decide to get into the ENCOM mainframe. Lora works in the physical objects digitizing laser laboratory.
When Flynn goes into the laser lab to hack the MCP security system, laser rays hit him and he finds himself inside the electronic world. What Flynn sees in the software that has been developed by his team deeply astonishes him. The programs are personified after their developers. Also there exists an unknown Light Cycle, Solar Sailer along with different weird creatures. To his surprise Flynn discovers inner super-natural abilities and physical power. He faces adventures and is strongly challenged. The action in movie Tron dynamically develops in the matrix world leading to Flynn’s meeting with Tron. Flynn pushes all his might to get to the tower and break the MCP security system. A fight begins between the MCP, Tron, and Flynn. Eventually Flynn manages to destroy MCP and prevent global catastrophe. He takes all the necessary data to prove Dillinger’s falsifications. Dillinger finds his program defeated and Flynn promoted as ENCOM’s new CEO.
What do you think? Poll
What's your opinion of the movie Tron?See results without voting
- The director kept video games on the set. Both the cast and the crew would frequently slip away and play games, only having to be called back to work.
- Originally, the part of Dillinger was offered to actor Peter O'Toole, but O'Toole wasn't thrilled about acting in front of a blank screen for most of the movie.
- Deborah Harry, better known as Blondie, was up for the role of Lora, but didn't make the cut.
- The action scenes were filmed in black and white. The colors were added later, digitally.
- Disney slipped one of their famous hidden Mickeys in the movie. You'll find a silhouette of the famous mouse on the ground during the solar sailer scene.
- Ever wonder why Jeff Bridges wears that little dance skin belt over his costume? Apparently, the bulge in his body suit was too big for a PG rating.
- The arcade game made more than the film when it first came out.
- Technology for computer animation was limited in those days. They did not have the ability to create motion, only still frames. The special effects had to be put in each and every frame, individually, by hand..Tron did not get nominated for special effects at the Academy Awards when it came out-- the Academy considered computer animated effects 'cheating' at the time.
More by this Author
The article provides a brief historical review about salsa – as musical genre, and offers some details about the most famouse female salsa singers. Although salsa was introduced to United States from Cuba,...
Looking for information on the bamboo African flute? It's known as an atenteben, and you can learn all about it right here!
Love camping? Love Disney? Get the best of both worlds at Disney's Fort Wilderness. Check out this review of this popular vacation destination for outdoorsy families.
No comments yet.