Jazz Guitar Lessons • Summer Wishes, Winter Dreams • George Benson • Chord Melody, Chords, Tab, Video
Unique beginner to intermediate level blues guitar book
- Learning Blues Guitar | distribly.com
I have been teaching guitar professionally since 1992, when Don’t Fret Guitar Instruction was established. Over the years, I have taught countless students (beginners to advanced) how to play or improve their chops. Past students include four members
More Guitar Lessons
- Jazz Guitar • Chord Substitution Chart
- Jazz Guitar • Misty (Modal Breakdown, Chord Chart, Melody, Chord Melody)
- Jazz Guitar • Moon River
- Jazz Guitar • God Bless The Child
- Blues Guitar • The Blues Scale
- Blues Guitar • The Combination Scale
- Blues Guitar • Pinky Patterns • Part 1
- Blues Guitar • The Mighty Pentatonic Scale
- The Pentatonic Scale For Guitar • Five Box Patterns, Solos, Melodies, Video Guitar Lessons
- Blues Box Patterns • Pentatonic Soloing • Part 3
- Runaway Train • Chords, Strumming Pattern, Tab, Videos, Play Along Track • Soul Asylum
- You Belong With Me • Chords, Strumming Pattern, Tab, Videos, Play Along Track • Taylor Swift
- Beginner Guitar • The Fifteen Essential Open Chords
- Beginner Guitar • Barre Chords
- Home • Phillip Phillips • Chords, Picking Pattern, Tab
- One Thing • Chords, Strumming Pattern, Tab • One Direction
George Benson is one of the finest guitar players in the history
of jazz. Over the years he has worked in many different genres
from soul to jazz to blues to pop and achieved success in all of
them. He has one of the rare artists who has managed to combine
critical acclaim and commercial success in equal measures.
A frequent visitor to Montreux (he has performed there 11 times
including 2005), George Benson has selected this show from
1986 as the first he would like released. Taken from the height of
his commercial success the concert includes classics and hit
tracks throughout the set including Lady Love Me (One More
Time), Love Ballad, In Your Eyes, Love x Love, 20/20, On
Broadway, Turn Your Love Around and Never Give Up On A Good
Thing among many more.
I did this arrangement many years ago after hearing 's version. It is a beautiful George Bensonmelody, and one of my favourite Benson (and there are many) pieces.
I found this tune very easy to arrange. Many of the chords are the same name, just different inversions and voicings. Measure one is a good example of this. The first Ab Major (beat one), is the second inversion. Chord spelling is Eb (fifth), Ab (first, or root), C (third). This chord could also be an Fm7. Chord spelling: Eb (seventh), Ab (minor third), C (fifth). In this case there would be no root. The second Ab Major (beat 3), is the root position. Chord spelling: Ab (first, or root), C (third), Eb (fifth), Ab (first, or root, octave higher).
Diminished chords are very interesting. On the guitar fretboard, diminished loosely translates to one fret lower. Mostly used as passing chords (chords that are used to connect two chords, rarely used as the basis for a song), the chord repeats four frets higher. For example: G dim7 contains the notes, G (root), Db (diminished fifth), E (diminished seventh), Bb (minor third). Four frets higher (based on the eighth fret), the chord contains the same notes in a different order: Bb (root), E (diminished fifth), G (diminished seventh), Db (minor third). Four frets higher than that (based on the eleventh fret), the same notes again in a different order: Db (root), G (diminished fifth) , Bb (diminished seventh), E (minor third). Four frets higher (based on the fourteenth fret): E (root), Bb (diminished fifth), Db (diminished seventh), G (minor third). Every note in the chord can be thought of as a root note. When playing a G dim7, you are also playing Db dim7, an E dim7, and a Bb dim7.
Chord Shapes In Playing Order
More by this Author
- 5Guitar Lessons • How To Play Barre Chords • Printable Charts, Root 5 and 6 Shapes, Proper Hand Position, Video
A complete analysis of barre (bar) chords for guitar, including: in depth theory explanations, finger placement, chord grids and printable diagrams. The proper technique and structure of the chords is covered. Also, a...
- 0Guitar Lesson • Apache • Jørgen Ingmann • Chords, Note For Note Main Melody For Both Guitars, Tab, Video.
The original version of this guitar instrumental by Jørgen Ingmann. Note for note transcription of both parts combined into one. Very challenging to play! Chords, standard notation, tab, video.
- 9Jazz Guitar Lessons • Jazz Chord Substitution Part One • Stormy Monday Variations • Chords, Charts, Theory, Videos
A standard 3 chord blues progression, reharmonized to form a jazz version. Stormy Monday Substitutions. Chords, tab, video. High quality, accurate transcriptions. In depth theory and videos