Johnny Depp Bio
Johnny Depp Pictures
Johnny Depp Biography
Johnny Depp is one of the most creative talented actors around. He's never the same character twice. Yet in real life, he is actually quite intelligent with a touch of the eccentricities that he gives to the characters he plays, from dropping out of college to become a rock musician to owning a 45 acre island. If you are a true fan, here are some facts you may wish you knew about this man.
Birth date: June 9, 1963
He has a daughter Lily Rose (Birth date: May 27,1999) and a son named Jack.
Purchased a 45 acre Island.
Dropped out of high school to become a rock musician.
Johnny Depp is going to be playing Tonto in Lone Ranger!
Johnny Depp News: Johnny Defaces a Billboard
After seeing a billboard of himself from 21 Jump Street holding a gun that said, "Some Kids Pack Lunch," he decided to change it due to his disgust at its portrayal. Him and a friend of his got paint, brushes, and rollers, and decided to correct it. They painted over the gun, and turned himself into "Groucho Marx," when a security guard caught him in the act. After the officer realized that Depp was defacing his own case, he ordered him to hurry, but finish. He tells this story on David Letterman's Tonight Show.
Johnny Depp - Interview with Extra
Pirates of the Caribbean - Johnny Depp
They had some concerns over having Johnny Depp star in the Pirates of the Caribbean, which he reveals David Letterman on the Tonight Show. They were not sure that he was a good fit, due to his crazy antics. Depp actually claims that they were worried that he was ruining their movie. Due to his dedication to the movie, he had several gold crowns put on by a dentist, unfortunately he made this decision without running it by the producer. They let him keep a couple, although they had a few of them removed. He is often heard citing Jack Sparrow as his favorite character to perform, and even named his son Jack due to his passion for the character.
Johnny Depp PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
Jonny Depp's Tattoos
He has a total of 14 tattoos, here are some of his most notable ones:
- Has a tattoo on his arm that says, "Wino Forever." He originally had "Winona Forever" tattooed on his arm while he was engaged to her, but after they broke up he had the "na" surgically removed.
- Underneath that, he has an Indian Chief tattoo to symbolize his heritage.
- Got a "Betty Sue" tattoo on May 31, 1988, possibly after his mom whose name was Elizabeth Sue Wells.
- Has his son's name, "Jack," written on his arm, and his daughter's name "Lily Rose" on his chest over his heart.
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton Movies
Johnny has performed in seven Tim Burton films, and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. In fact, he has been cited as saying, "He can ask me everything. If he wants me to have sex with an aardvark in one of his next movies, then I will do that." Their relationship is not just professional, but personal. They have become such close friends that Depp is godfather to Tim Burton's son Billy Ray Burton. The movies that they have worked together are:
- Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Ed Wood (1994)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- The Corpse Bride (2005)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Bride From Fleet Street (2007)
- Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Johnny Depp Quotes On America
Many people are anti-Depp, because the belief that he is anti-America. Here are his real quotes on the matter that were copied off the imdb.com site.
- "America is dumb. It's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive. My daughter is four, my boy is one. I'd like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out."
- "Taken in context, what I was saying was that, compared to Europe, America is a very young country and we are still growing as a nation. It is a shame that the metaphor I used was taken so radically out of context and slung about irresponsibly by the news media. There was no anti-American sentiment. In fact, it was just the opposite. I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful."
- "France and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing, though, is that people there know how to live! In America they've forgotten all about it. I'm afraid that the American culture is a disaster."
Johnny Depp Interview Video
© 2010 Angela Michelle
More by this Author
Jessica Price is an amazing vocalist who first began at her church and has since begun to lead her own band. These are facts you may want to know about Jessica Price and her band!
Many celebrities have found themselves with severe addiction due to the pressures of fame. Unfortunately, for many addiction leads to death, such as with Chris Farley, Jimmie Hendrix, and others.
There are few games intended specifically for two players. Here are three. War, Speed, and double solitaire.