List of Kids Songs That Won't Drive Parents Crazy
Listening to Kids' Music
Fun Kids Songs for Everyone!
Music is everywhere—on the iPod, in the car, at the grocery store, etc. It makes up such a vast part of our everyday lives. It drives our emotions, pumps us up when we’re exercising, makes us dance, makes us cry, brings back memories and helps us complete mundane tasks. Whatever its purpose, music is all around us.
My family and I love music. We almost always have it playing in the background. Most of it, since we have children, is kids music; adult music is just not for toddlers these days. But how much of it can I tolerate after so many hours? Not much. If I’m outside playing with the kids, I really dislike hearing sleepy versions of “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” or the many nursery rhyme songs in existence.
Below is a list of kids songs and their artists that my husband and I wouldn’t mind taking a ten hour car ride with (not in any particular order). They are kid AND parent friendly. Some might even bring back some childhood memories (sigh…).
Fun Songs for Kids: Mahna Mahna, Original with Muppets
The Other Day I Met a Bear: BNL
Give Me a Grade-- Phineas and Ferb
List of Kids Music that Parents Can Enjoy Too
1. Mahna Mahna—the Muppets or Cake (both are awesome!)
2. You’ve Got a Friend in Me—Sly and Robbie
3. Itsy Bitsy Spider—O.A.R.
4. Do You Like Waffles?—Parry Gripp
5. Splish Splash—Bobby Darin
6. The Lion Sleeps Tonight—The Tokens
7. La La La La Lemon—BNL
8. Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)—Harry Belafonte
9. Walkin’ on Sunshine—Katrina and the Waves
10. The Other Day I Met A Bear—BNL
12. The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything—Relient K
13. I Can Be Your Friend—O.C. Supertones
14. ABC—Jackson 5
15. Campfire Song Song—SpongeBob
16. There’s a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea—Veggie Tales
17. Purple People Eater—Sheb Wooley
18. Upside Down—Jack Johnson (from Curious George soundtrack)
19. Life is a Highway—Rascall Flatts
20. F.U.N. Song—SpongeBob
21. Gitchee Gitchee Goo—Phineas and Ferb
22. Give Me a Grade—Phineas and Ferb
23. Eat It—Weird Al
24. Crazy ABCs—BNL
25. On My Way Home (Hawaiian Lullaby)—The Imagination Movers
And the List Goes On...More Music for Kids
I'm sure there are many more family friendly songs to add to the list. But let me tell you: my son loves the above playlist. Most of the songs are upbeat and funny. If there are any more you enjoy, let me know in the comments below!
Imagination Movers--On My Way Home (Hawaiian Lullaby)
Check out my list of our favorite Sesame Street and Muppet Songs!
More by this Author
What does it mean when the line doesn't get darker on a pregnancy test? Find out how to read pregnancy tests, even when there are faint lines, to tell whether or not you're pregnant.
Looking for some new kids' music? Here are my favorite Sesame Street songs and Muppet Show songs that both kids and parents can enjoy. Included are some songs by celebrities who visited Sesame Street.
Am I pregnant? How early can I take a pregnancy test? When can I take a pregnancy test? Find out about pregnancy tests and the best time to take one if you are trying to have a baby.