Valentine's Day Songs List: Cheesy Love Songs
Who doesn't want to experience that glorious feeling of being in love? Isn't it nice to feel ecstatically great to love and be loved in return? This is one great emotion that we humans need to feel. If not, at the least, imagine.
I have been surfing the net these past few days in search of love songs expressed in various ways. After going through various lists and playing the tunes on youtube, I have made my own short Valentine's Day Songs List: Sad Love Songs Part 1, Sad Love Songs Part 2 and Cheesy Love Songs.
After two hubs about Sad Love Songs, I thought I will make up for all the desolation it caused. This time, I will highlight the brighter side of love. Those love songs that will make you fall in love even more. Some of the songs are actually dated, and not internationally released. But these are the songs I grew up with and are very close to my heart. Play on!
Himig ng Pag-ibig, Asin
Original Pilipino Love Songs
1. Himig ng Pag-ibig, Asin - This is an Original Pilipino Folk Classic back in my childhood days when nationalism was the battle cry of every Filipino. It was a tension ridden time (martial law in effect, conflict in Mindanao) yet this band was vocal about the social, environmental and economic situation of the people and the country. You can feel that "revolutionary" kind of undertone when listening to Himig ng Pagibig, translated as "Melody of Love". Yet you can feel that you are being lulled into calm, peace and quite by the sweet melody. Worries and pain towards the beloved who is currently away is beautifully expressed in the melody and lyrics. Yet the anticipation of reunion became a promising respite. While waiting, she turns to remembering their love as similar to a bird that soars free and uninhibited to appease her anxiety. This is one classic song which you won't mind not knowing the lyrics. The melody and title of the song speaks for itself, which is, basically, the essence of the song.
Tibok ng Puso, M.Y.M.P.
2. Tibok ng Puso, M.Y.M.P. - It literally translates to "Heartbeat". The song is about a girl who fancies the idea of knowing if the "tibok ng puso" has changed since she last confessed her love to the guy. For her, the relationship could have worked. But back then, it turned out that the guy found another person to love. Now, both of them already have relationships of their own. The idea of knowing the change of heart was sparked by an incident when the guy was still looking for her. What do you think will happen to the rest of the story?
Tadhana, Up Dharma Down
3. Tadhana, Up Dharma Down - Here again, I am being poetically challenged. But I know the song is great and I love it. At least this one is not that hard to figure out. Anyway, "tadhana" means fate. When it is being related to love, fate becomes romantic and whimsical. But if you are going to look closely, fate also means, all the right circumstances playing out to make the perfect moment. That perfect moment is time challenged. It seldom happens. Sometimes, it never will. But, sometimes it does not depend on the circumstances. It depends on how you feel at that moment and on how you act on it. If only you can understand "Tagalog", the Filipino language, you will agree with me that this song is really beautiful. "Tagos sa puso" meaning hearlfelt.
Love Moves In Mysterious Ways, Popularized by Nina
In Praise of Love
1. Love Moves In Mysterious Ways, Nina
2. The Book Of Love, Peter Gabriel
Inspiring Love Songs
1. When I Look At You, Miley Cyrus
2. At The Beginning, Richard Marx and Donna Lewis
Still In Love
1. Every time – Britney Spears
Say Good Night and Go, Imogen Heap
Cute Love Songs
1. Say Good Night and Go, Imogen Heap
2. (By Chance) You and I, J.R.A.
Love’s Second Chances
1. If Ever You’re In My Arms Again, Peabo Bryson
2. Again, Janet Jackson
3. Every time, Janet Jackson
More by this Author
Can't we find a better way to spend Valentine's Day than playing the Valentine's Day Songs List: Best Sad Love Songs? Instead of sulking you in to that glorious love feeling (which is by far unattainable), we explore...
Isn't it a little bit contrary to the season we are celebrating? Listening to sad love songs on Valentine's Day? Not that we are heartbroken or unhappy at the moment. Sometimes we feel the power of love or we get more...
If I have the chance to live permanently in another place, the city of Puerto Princesa, Palawan in the Philippines will be my one and only choice. I have been to several cities here and abroad, but my heart has settled...