List your top 10 sitcoms of all time... what are they and what do you love about them?
There are many great sitcoms that have been aired over the years and through many generations. Being that I am thirty, I believe my top ten choices would seem to fit my generation. Even though I grew up with MASH and Macgyver, they are not on my list.
1. Saved By The Bell~ This was/is my all time favorite show. I have seen every episode and many reruns. Zach, the preppy hottie that led the group, was always scheming to make money. Mark Paul-Gossilear fit the role of Zack and was a great boyfriend, eventually husband, to Kelly. The cheerleader brunette cutie, Kelly, played by Tiffany Amber Theisen, brought the Rah! to each episode. The few episodes where she breaks up with Zach really were sad. AC Slater, whose role was played perfectly by Mario Lopez, was the jock and muscle. The most fond memories were the scenes where he would argue with Jesse. The brainiac feminist, Jesse, dated AC on/off again, was Valedictorian thanks to Screech(later announcing what he had done for her), and who could forget Elizabeth Berkley's long legs!? Lisa was the spoiled, princess, shopaholic whose only goal in life was fashion. Voorhees made an awesome Lisa and the constant hate/love relationship with Screech was fun to watch. Dustin Diamond will always be remembered for his role as Screech. He was this dork, Zach's best friend, very honest and loyal, goof up, that was always after Lisa; of course, he was the funny guy:) Mr. Belding, the janitor, and some of the teachers were great as well. Even twenty years later, I still feel like a teenager when I see the reruns:)
2. 90210~ This sitcom came out during my teen years. All of the male actors who played Brendan , Dillon, David, and Steve were gorgeous! The female roles and the actresses who portrayed them were fit well. Everyone was able to see what rich kids' spent their time doing. The writer of the show created drama, which unfolded well into the series. Once Dillon and Brenda split, I really lost some interest.
3. Gangland~ I enjoy watching these real documentaries that take you on the inside of gang life. It is amazing at how ruthless and cold people really are. Yet, at the same time, you are getting an understanding for what each gang is about, and that might save your life one day.
4. CSI(all of them)~ Whether in Las Vegas, Miami, or New York, CSI is an interesting program. Forensic sciense is now becoming a more popular career choice amongst college students. Even though everyone knows it takes a lot more work to actually solve a case than what it shows, at least it is entertaining.
5. One Life To Live~ I am in love with this show and the wonderful cast! This will be my twenty-eighth year of viewing this soap opera. This is the only daytime program I watch other that the Disney channel. Todd is so bad, but yet, he has something attractive about him; Blair and Todd having numerous relationships; Dorian is the rich, evil mastemind; Starr is all grown up; kid's are having babies, and so much more! The storyline is constantly drawing you in with one of the many storylines they have going at once. If you are not interested in Bo and Nora, you will be intrigued by John and Marty.
6. The Three Stooges~ What do I need to say? Larry, Moe, Curly, and sometimes Shemp were the funniest guys' around! The stunts/pranks they pulled were hilirious!
7. Friends~ Joey, Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Chandler and Ross were the closest you could get to reality. The bond that they had, that kept growing, was gripping. I cried at the last episode. This group of friends' left you wanting more, to see if Ross and Rachel ever married and had kids'; whether Joey ever got successful; whether Phoebe ever got closer to being normal; what Chandler and Monica are like as parents' and how their children have grown. Too bad they will never bring the show back.
8. Growing Pains~ Kirk Cameron was the hottie at the time. His co stars went on to have success as well. This was a show about an every day family with everyday issues.
9.Facts Of Life~ Ms. Garrett, the Head Mistress, was a wonderful lady, who took care of a group of girls. Jo was the tough one, my favorite. Natalie was the gullible one, while Blair was the snob. This is the sitcom that really brought attention to Kim Fields.
10. Who's The Boss?~ Tony Danza was a male housekeeper for a business woman named Angela. Tony had a daughter, played by a young Alyssa Milano, and they lived inside of Angela's house with her and her son. Angela's mother lived in the guesthouse in the backyard and was so much fun! Mona was always doing/saying things you were not used to hearing from a mother. I would have to say that besides his role in Hollywood Nights, this was Danza's best role.
Well, here is the top ten choices that gave me so many good memories. I know there are many more greats like, Wonder Years, Leave it to Beaver, Mash, Forensic Files, Mr. Dress Up, Benny Hill, Keeping Up Appearances, and so many more titles. By the end of this article, I hope to have brought you back a few memories as well:)
More by this Author
Ha! Since the dawn of man, in laws have been a problem. Not to say dad in-law is innocent, but mommy dearest(in-law) usually is the one to manipulate all the trouble! Even Fred Flintstone didn't get along with his...
If you are a go-getter type, then you will want to try calling the companies you desire to work for. Most employers like the motivation behind the call. You might just land the position you were hoping...