Make a 'magic' of your own: Make stuff float!
Koby Jones (kobyjones@rocketm) asked me: "How to make stuff float?". This is in connection with my hub on Criss Angel: The Mindfreak, the famous magician who's becoming a byword in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA these days. This is because he performs walking on water, levitation (?!!!) among other stuff as his finale act.
In addition to the question of Koby Jones, he wants to know how Criss Angel floats in the real way.
I did some research, once I received his question from my e-mails. Because 'magic' is astonishing in the eyes of a child, we' adults should also learn a trick or two when performing our own act during family occasion, party surprises and local circus act. Of course, with the help of your 'unseen' crew.
I hope this hub will help you perform, just like Criss Angel at your place.
Magic Trick Levitating A Car c/o canadianstudmuffin
Stuff Float Trick: REVEALED!!!
- The use of DARK BACK DRAFT or BACKGROUND - Spectators or audience will usually notice the presence of dark background at the stage where the show is being performed. Transparent threads, usually known as 'trick line' will blend with the color unnoticed. Trick line is the term used for the mono filament, fish line, thread and wire being used on stage.
- The advantages of dark trick line is that its shadow helps as disguise along with the dark colors of the stage. As simple as that. It's up to the magicians to have constant practice in order to perfect the trick.
BUT: The big question in my mind is that: "Why did Criss Angel perform in public, without seeing his tricks?"
ANSWER: The rumor revealed that Criss Angel actually uses forklift to make him levitate or float. In one of his videos, a hovering helicopter can be seen at bay!
- Avoid of BRIGHT VENUES! You can never use trick line when performing at an open venue. Transparent line can also be used but shadows or reflections can reveal your 'magic'. As I said before, you must have a reliable crew to help you out perform without flaws. If you want to suspend or float an object in white background, it's up to you, Just be careful with the shadows. Audiences can be so discriminating. Maybe, more often than not, one of them is your rival magician; who will question your performance, later.
LEVITATION REVEALED - BlackBoxillusions.com c/o blackboxillussions
My dream as a child is to fly or float
It's been my dream to fly or float since childhood. It was only realized in my dreams. I'm sure all of us dream of flying or floating sometimes. The interpretation in real life is different, though, not literally floating or flying high or low. It is more centered on our ambition to prosper or be popular in our field of specialization.
So, watching circus shows put me into the other 'world of magic' or amazement. I was a child then. I believed what I've seen. But now for now. Tricks are the secrets magician did to amaze the audience.
Magicians or illusionists can trick our eyes and lo! we believe at the end of the show.
Because of competition, more and more secrets or tricks are being revealed these days through books and special videos now vended at the market or local stores.
Children are more wiser these days, and they can even perform simple magic that we, adults, can be amazed, too!
How to levitate- CRISS ANGEL & learn DAVID BLAINES REVEALED c/o petrellaproductions
Some of the 'Magic' being used in Circus
If you're a fan of circus, spectacular numbers will be presented to you. I'm sure you have seen one of these numbers/presentation. aside from FLOATING or LEVITATION, let us memorize by heart the following 'magic'.
Okay, say, "MAGIC!"
- Assistant being cut into thirds! Using giant metal blades, the magician's assistant will be cut into three.
- The Great Escape-Houdini Style - With all the locks on a giant trunk, a performer or magician, tied in a bag will magically escape his 'prison'.
- Mysterious Appearance -With just an empty box on stage, a magician will drape a white cloth on it then remove it. And alas! A woman or a man will slowly appear before your very eyes!
- Origami Sword Box - A rectangular box will be folded into smaller box. Swords will be pierced unto it through all sides. It will be unfolded and the assistant will come out unharmed!
If you know other 'magic tricks' that are performed before your very eyes by world reknown magicians like David Copperfield, David Blaine or Criss Angel, among others...please share it on this hub. Do comment please!!!
More by this Author
The world of cartoon characters enthralls the children and the child in us. The new dimension of animation lead us to limitless interpretations of human imagination. In so doing, the advocacy to fight child abuse...
The 1964 movie Mary Poppins (acted by Julie Andrews), with its black-and-white presentation, catches my attention during my growing up stage. The song, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, was left imprinted in my mind...
Aside from raising your own children, or just starting a family, why not indulge yourself into another interesting hobby: raising herds of ducks in your own home at your backyard? This will be suitable for you while...