Marian Rivera - Super Inday, latest TV series - Amaya, My Beloved, Tweet for My Sweet
Marian Rivera - DARNA Teaser no. 1
Darna 2009 Full Trailer - Marian Rivera
Marian Rivera, the Most Beautiful & Sexiest DARNA Superhero; latest movie with Dingdong
Yes! The new Darna is Marian Rivera, the star of successful TV series Marimar (Filipino version), Dyesebel, and Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa Aking Tadyang (The Woman Pulled from My Rib) along with dashing actor Dingdong Dantes - E! 2008 3rd Sexiest Man in the World.
In the new TV series Darna, Marian Rivera is paired with Mark Anthony Fernandez, son of former sex symbol Alma Moreno and late Rudy Fernandez (husband of versatile star Lorna Tolentino). Marian’s sidekick Ding will be portrayed by Robert Villar, the boy who played the role of Buboy in Dyesebel.
Darna is a superheroine character created by Filipino comics writer Mars Ravelo in the 1950s. She is an outer space warrior manifesting herself through a girl from earth, named Narda, a village girl. In the beginning of the story, Narda finds a small white stone, a tiny meteorite from outer space (from planet Marte). Narda becomes a mighty warrior whenever she swallows the stone and shouts "Darna!". She defends the earth from evil forces. Darna is a combination of Superman and Wonder Woman because she can fly and among her powers are super strength, super speed, near invulnerable skin, and super vision. She uses her bracelets similar to Wonder Woman’s to deflect bullets.
In the 1950s, the superheroine quickly gained popularity among Filipino comic book readers. Since then, Darna has become a Philippine cultural icon and the most recognizable character among Ravelo's creations. Starting 1951, several Darna movies were made.
Actresses who have previously played Darna in the movies and on television are multi-awarded dramatic actress and politician Vilma Santos, Rio Locsin, Angel Locsin, Anjanette Abayari, Gina Pareno, another multi-awarded dramatic actress Lorna Tolentino, Regine Velasquez (plays Darna in Captain Barbell), Eva Montes, Nanette Medved, Katrina Halili as Black Darna (Katrina is lately involved in sex video scandal with Hayden Kho), Sharon Cuneta in Captain Barbell. Darna was also played in comedy films by actors Dolphy and late Chiquito.
Among Darna’s enemies (villains) are Valentina, the sultry snake goddess, Black Darna, Demonica, Dr. Zombie, Mambabarang (Warlock, king of insects), Braguda, Babaeng Tuod (the Woodwitch), The Giants, The Planet Women, The Planetmen, Impakta (Evil), Electra, Babeng Lawin (the Hawk Woman), Garda ang Babeng Linta (the leech woman) and many more.
The new TV series Darna was aired August 10, 2009 on GMA Pinoy TV channel. This is Marian Rivera’s another blockbuster tv show. You can watch Darna episodes at iGMA or myGMA especially for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) who want to watch Filipino local shows shown on tv. Go go Marian!
Chika Minute - Marian Rivera - Darna Cast
DARNA Mania - The Making of Darna 2009
DARNA Book 2 New Villains
DongYan's Endless Love Teaser - coming soon on summer 2010 - watch out!
The new Darna story
Narda, a pretty young woman grows up in an orphanage and lives a happy and simple life until she inherits a stone that gives her super powers. She meets her childhood sweetheart Eduardo at the same orphanage. The romantic relationship was ruined when Valentina, Narda's friend, fell in love with Eduardo.
Narda learns that she is chosen by the original Darna to save the world from evil forces. At first, she rejects the huge responsibility because she is crippled but it triggers the influx of evil forces in their town, which are found encased in ice. Narda finally accepts her fate as the new Darna.
Cast and Characters:
* Marian Rivera as Darna and Narda (her alter-ego)
* Mark Anthony Fernandez as Eduardo - Darna's love interest; he's also Black Rider
* Iwa Moto as Valentina, the Snake Goddess - Darna's most famous and greatest foe
* Robert Villar as Carding/Ding - Darna's sidekick
* Angel Aquino as Guardian/Original Darna
* Paolo Contis as Kobra - Valentina's father
* Nadine Samonte as Roma ang Babaeng Impakta
* Ehra Madrigal as Armida ang Babaeng Lawin
* Francine Prieto as Lucifera ang Babaeng Tuod
* Maggie Wilson as Babaeng Linta
* Hazel Ann Mendoza as Anna/Young Serfina
* Ricky Davao as Dr. Danilo Morgan
* Celia Rodriguez as Perfecta
* Rita Avila as Alicia/Madame Amy - Darna's mother
* Eddie Garcia as Father Mateo
* Janice de Belen as Consuelo - Valentina's mother
* Alfred Vargas as Gabriel Ramirez
* Rufa Mae Quinto as Francesca
* Raymart Santiago as Crisanto
* Caridad Sanchez as Loleng - Valentina's grandmother
* Polo Ravales as Shiro
* Krissa Mae Arrieta as Liberty
* Roxanne Barcelo as Aleli
* Gabby Eigenmann as Dr. Apollo
* Bearwin Meily as Watson
* Ian de Leon as Alfonso Molina
* Dennis Trillo as Pancho
* Jestoni Alarcon as Simon - Darna's father
* Matt Ranillo III as Dionisio - Shiro's father
* Robert Ortega as Young Mateo
* Charlie Davao as Dr. Montgomery - Dr. Morgan's ancestor
* Maureen Larrazabal as Dina Arcilla
Book 2 New Villains
* Akihiro Sato as Vladimir - ang Bampira (Vampire)
* Rochelle Pangilinan as Deborah - ang Manananggal
* Jackie Rice as Helga - ang Babaeng Demonyita (Devil Woman)
* Katrina Halili as Serpina - ang Prinsesa ng mga Ahas (Snake Princess)
* Regine Velasquez as Elektra - ang Reyna ng mga Amasona (Queen of the Amazons)
Kamikazee, a Philippine rock band, popularized their hit single "Narda" in 2006 which is used as soundtrack for this GMA Network's primetime show Darna.
Desperadas DVD, My Bestfriend's Girlfriend, One True Love, Marimar
More by this Author
The TV series called Endless Love is a Philippine drama adaptation of the popular Korean drama Autumn in My Heart. It started showing on June 28, 2010. The lead stars are reel and real sweathearts...
"The Prayer" is a duet between Céline Dion and Andrea Bocelli which was released initially as a single in 1999. It won the Golden Globe Award for...
Filipino food fiesta.. hmmm delicious! Here are some Filipino or Tagalog words used in Food Recipes and their corresponding English translation, definition, or meaning: achuete - annatto; red seeds used to...